Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Corona Football Season

HomerJay

Corona Football Season  

196 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Steejay said:

See, I don't think that Lgs 1 & 2 will be bothered about finishing at all.

Most clubs will have players out of contract at the end of June and no club will want to incur extra costs for contract extensions - they'll just let players go.

There's only going to be expenditure (testing, H & S etc) without any income so they'll not be bothered one bit about playing.

Aye 

it’s gone on too long now 

My betting it will get shelved this week 

My guess is that it all depends on the PL decision.......if there is relegation from the PL, the Championship will have to have promotion & all the rest will follow on, promotion & relegation , meaning we're fucked.

Our best hope must be, the PL voiding or, less likely, having no relegation.

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

My guess is that it all depends on the PL decision.......if there is relegation from the PL, the Championship will have to have promotion & all the rest will follow on, promotion & relegation , meaning we're fucked.

You'd have thought if they insist on finishing, they intend to relegate

16 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

PL will definitely play so our only hope is they go for no relegation

24 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’m not convinced that the premier league will get clubs to agree to be relegated, if that is the case then that’s the end of relegation and promotion right down the league ladder. 

No relegation is now off the table in premier league.
FA have confirmed they have told the PL they will not sanction that or a void season. So it’s play to the death (literally potentially) for the big boys 

• Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’m not convinced that the premier league will get clubs to agree to be relegated, if that is the case then that’s the end of relegation and promotion right down the league ladder. 

This is most likely I think

I just can't see SkySports letting them bin it all off, they will be able to charge millions for adverts when the bindippers get their grubby hands on the trophy.

If you bear in mind there's probably about 28 people watching SkySports most days, anything will be an improvement in their eyes.

The PL will go ahead. Or I'll see you all on the town hall steps.

2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

No relegation is now off the table in premier league.
FA have confirmed they have told the PL they will not sanction that or a void season. So it’s play to the death (literally potentially) for the big boys 

The FA still have to get agreement on this from enough clubs for it to pass. 

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Ultimately the FA have the final say. If the Premier League want to do away with relegation it has to be approved by them

12 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

My understanding is the fa are saying you will finish this season. If it’s in ten years it’s in ten years. If you want to end the season now then it’s with relegation. Don’t like it? Then finish the season 

not sure who has to agree to what. They’ve started a season and if it is to be finished By order of the governing body when possible then so be it it gets finished. 

11 minutes ago, dave2980 said:

Ultimately the FA have the final say. If the Premier League want to do away with relegation it has to be approved by them

Correct and they’ve said it’s not an option. Relegation has to happen one way or another. Clubs don’t really get a say they just have to figure out when they are going to finish the games and how or if they want to end the season then agree how it is ended and on what basis relegation is decided. Which to me is fair enough 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

My understanding is the fa are saying you will finish this season. If it’s in ten years it’s in ten years. If you want to end the season now then it’s with relegation. Don’t like it? Then finish the season 

not sure who has to agree to what. They’ve started a season and if it is to be finished By order of the governing body when possible then so be it it gets finished. 

how does that work, with contracts and that?

in addition, if they plan to re-start in June, and we get a spike at the end of May, they are fucked

I guess what they are saying is - whether we are physically able to finish, or if we have to can it, the bottom 3 are going down?

12 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

how does that work, with contracts and that?

in addition, if they plan to re-start in June, and we get a spike at the end of May, they are fucked

I guess what they are saying is - whether we are physically able to finish, or if we have to can it, the bottom 3 are going down?

It’s surely upto a club to have sufficient registered players to fulfill a fixture no?

Simple as that and in the top leagues the squads are so big that it’s not the same challenge as Lower leagues 

Well, we will be relegated to League Two, and in the off season various clubs will band together and start the litigation process against the PPG decision....this will end in a mess. And all clubs in Leagues One and Two will start the preseason (if there is one), with 5 players and less

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

It’s surely upto a club to have sufficient registered players to fulfill a fixture no?

Simple as that and in the top leagues the squads are so big that it’s not the same challenge as Lower leagues 

Well yes

And that's why contracts expire in the close season

But if the season goes beyond that and a team loses players out of contract, are they expected to field a team of kids or say they can't fulfil a fixture etc, or sign new players who may not play for ages??

My point is, there will be a cut off point and it won't be a case of we will finish it when we can finish it

33 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Well yes

And that's why contracts expire in the close season

But if the season goes beyond that and a team loses players out of contract, are they expected to field a team of kids or say they can't fulfil a fixture etc, or sign new players who may not play for ages??

My point is, there will be a cut off point and it won't be a case of we will finish it when we can finish it

I think if they’re in a position to finish the season then the next one won’t be too far behind. Reckon there will be plenty of players who will be out of contract and fancy a lucrative short term gig anyway. 

• Members
3 hours ago, dave2980 said:

The FA need the PL more than the PL need the FA. They hold the broadcasting rights and ultimately the money, they’ll lean on them so much that they won’t have an option. 

1 hour ago, DomRepWanderer said:

And what about the 14 day quarantine on UK arrivals, not having it that the majority of Prem foreigners didn't fuck off back home, how would that work for clubs?

They have to fly via Dublin or Paris so that hey are exempt from quarantine rules.