Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Next Manager

TroySwoosh

Next Manager Poll  

265 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Members
3 minutes ago, tomski said:

I think we are doing all this right. Club are spending on the right man but being prudent on outlays, something I think we all want is to avoid further money troubles. Especially for the sake of a few days. 

Fuck off you. I'm not sleeping properly ;)

If/when compensation is agreed, is that when we can start negotiating with Evatt on his contract?

He will know his worth and isn't going to come cheap.  Its an odd scenario that we could spend upto 2 weeks in total sorting out a deal with Barrow and then another week trying to satisfy Evatt's demands and all the clauses/bonuses etc for him and Atherton or any other staff.  He knows he'll get other opportunities at bigger clubs than Barrow when other vacancies arise.  I still think he'll be our new manager but a few hurdles to clear yet, assuming we havent done the illegal tapping up stuff.

15 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

If/when compensation is agreed, is that when we can start negotiating with Evatt on his contract?

He will know his worth and isn't going to come cheap.  Its an odd scenario that we could spend upto 2 weeks in total sorting out a deal with Barrow and then another week trying to satisfy Evatt's demands and all the clauses/bonuses etc for him and Atherton or any other staff.  He knows he'll get other opportunities at bigger clubs than Barrow when other vacancies arise.  I still think he'll be our new manager but a few hurdles to clear yet, assuming we havent done the illegal tapping up stuff.

Nobody's supposed to do it but it always goes on, I'm sure.  Evatt will have already been sounded out about if he was interested, what his budget will be, the scope of his role and what his contract will be.  There may be bonuses or clauses to finalise but I'd expect once us and Barrow reach agreement,  things will move pretty quickly. 

• Members

I'd not be too dismissive of Atherton being his assistant. We have no idea how integral he's been to Barrow's success. 

Initially, under Lennon we looked good. Once Mjalby left the wheels completely fell off.

20 hours ago, gonzo said:

We won’t have an under 23 squad next season. We are moving away from that idea and into the Brentford moneyball style operation. Hence Tobias Phoenix being pivotal. 

This idea that Brentford have some sort of unique system is good publicity for the Brentford chairman.....In reality he has a good scout in France  picking up players like Maupay Benrahama and Mbeumo.

We had the same 25 years ago but getting our players from Scandanavia .

3 minutes ago, DazBob said:

I'd not be too dismissive of Atherton being his assistant. We have no idea how integral he's been to Barrow's success. 

Initially, under Lennon we looked good. Once Mjalby left the wheels completely fell off.

I think it's a bit of a myth that. Defensively, we were much good before he left. About a month after, we stopped paying the players.

• Members
11 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I think it's a bit of a myth that. Defensively, we were much good before he left. About a month after, we stopped paying the players.

I thought we were defensively pretty good when he was here and when he left we were useless defensively. Or maybe it's my mind playing tricks on me and stats will show I'm talking bollocks. 😃

28 minutes ago, DazBob said:

The Atherton thing isn't an issue at all - just Barrow fans on Twitter making mischief. Tells you all you need to know about the standard of Iles' 'journalism'. The hold up is still the disagreement on compensation. 

15 minutes ago, DazBob said:

I thought we were defensively pretty good when he was here and when he left we were useless defensively. Or maybe it's my mind playing tricks on me and stats will show I'm talking bollocks. 😃

I don't have the statistics, but I remember we kept a clean sheet against Liverpool at Anfield and then after that starting shipping goals like there was no tomorrow.

34 minutes ago, Stevey B said:

The Atherton thing isn't an issue at all - just Barrow fans on Twitter making mischief. Tells you all you need to know about the standard of Iles' 'journalism'. The hold up is still the disagreement on compensation. 

Welcome back Howard.

8 minutes ago, Stevey B said:

Same source as your man Nixon. Not parroting the lines being fed by Evatt's agent, like the BN seem to be.

You are maximus*, and I claim my five pounds !

Or Howard, Gloria Stitz, Jazza's Bird or any other second rate WUM claiming to be 'In the know'