Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Morecambe (H)

desperado

They could have score 4 or 5 at a canter, yes we played some good stuff occasionally but still looked laboured to me.

Who is that guy from Lincoln, shit! That corner at the end criminal.

Those subs just to massage Evatt's ego on the talent he has brought in, well that worked you cock.

And oh yes, we still can't defend and have an OAP in goal.

Just fuck off Evatt, it we had potted months ago we may be nearer top than bottom. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Same with other teams we’ve played in the play offs Cheltenham, Cambridge it’s a piss poor league

red card definitely changed the game the ref got bullied

Seems to happen too easily in this league, the refs seriously need to grow some balls

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

With 11 on the pitch maybe we don't concede the set play?

Probably not but we still have to challenge for that corner and it wasnt the only one

They hit the bar and the horrible slice wide

1 minute ago, jules_darby said:

At 11 v 11 with the 2 attacking subs on We started to stretch them. They have to chase the game and it opens up more and more as we have fresh legs to capitalise. We nearly hit them on the break twice with 10 men

IMO we could have got another 2 goals without the sending off

spot on. going down to 10 men changed the whole game. Maddison acted the twat from moment he came on. Billy big bollocks even if he didnt deserve the red. Only saw it once but cant say. The ref was weak though all through giving fouls to those who shouted loudest and that was usually them. Their no 9 all night a strong ref would have sorted him out.

• Moderators
Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

Agree and then he chucks in subs needlessly, every decision he makes seems to go against him.... bad trait to have.

As above, they werent needless

Julian isnt often correct but im convinced we get 3 with 11 on the pitch

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

If the ref thought it was a dangerous challenge, he would have produced the red straight away, he didn't,  which suggests he was hounded by their players. 

If Maddison would have bottled out of a 50/50 we would have slaughtered him on here.

Depends how you challenge for a 50-50 ball though.

Initially, there was no reaction from their players, then they came charging up. May have influenced the ref but he was in a reasonable position to see. 

Folk often ask for refs to have a think first, which he may well have done.

Need to see it again, maybe from a different angle, but it wasn't a surprise to see the red.

Still can't work out the fonz substitution though.

Just now, jules_darby said:

Afolayan looks a player Doesn’t he

Big time. You know when you just see that a player is comfortable on the ball, one of those where a first touch actually sticks (which stands out a mile in this league) - he looked like that.

He lost it a few times later on but he was trying to do everything himself due to the game situation. I’d like to see him on one side and Arthur on the other. Also, Jackson did nothing wrong but John looked really impressive when he came on - a left hand side of John and Afolayan looks promising.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

We need to start bullying the refs, and we need to start going down for soft fouls, Evatt says he doesn't want his teams doing that, but we aren't getting out of this league until we start get a nasty cheating streak to our game.

Normally, id agree, as i'm win at all costs

But i found their antics really shit to see

I dont want us doing that

I must be going soft

First viewing I thought it was a nailed on red, but the more I see it the more it looks like he got the ball and certainly didn’t go in to it two footed.

Only substitution I disagreed with was taking Jackson off as I thought he had a decent game. At 11 v 11 the attacking subs were spot on.