Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile in Israel

wanderer1984

1 hour ago, globaldiver said:

Nobody is happy about it.

For a second, consider the number of deaths if Israel went about this war with the same butchery approach as Hamas.

They have done. That's what most sensible people's complaints against against the Israeli Governments actions are. By using the same butchery as a terrorist organization they've lost any high ground as the 'good guys'.

33 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

They have done. That's what most sensible people's complaints against against the Israeli Governments actions are. By using the same butchery as a terrorist organization they've lost any high ground as the 'good guys'.

What Israel has done is worse really because of the buildings and infrastructure they have destroyed. It is a country committing genocide like Russia is trying to do in the Ukraine.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, MickyD said:

You’re making an assumption that I’d fight to the death for some material thing like my property. I would either pick my fight or I would ask the law of the land to intervene. I certainly wouldn’t nip up to Morecambe to find Fury’s family, friends and associates and murder them without warning.

lol , I’m really not , it’s the point of the analogy , but it’s moot anyway , enough shite on here without me and you discussing a possible reaction to a heavyweight boxer hypothetically breaking into your house . 

sure you have probably got ring and alarms and all sorts  so he’d  probably go next door in anycase 

5 hours ago, Traf said:

13,000 children.

Collateral damage.

Even the most fervent supporter of Israel can't be happy at that.

And yet he, and others, can't or won't condemn it.  Presumably in their world, Palestinian children, Muslim children or just the lives of brown children aren't worth as much.

3 hours ago, globaldiver said:

Nobody is happy about it.

For a second, consider the number of deaths if Israel went about this war with the same butchery approach as Hamas.

Do you seriously think they aren't doing the same?
The state of Israel needs to be tried for war crimes.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Zico said:

I dread to think how many Palestinans would be dead if Israel had paragliders

And used them indiscriminately, no warnings, no targeting, together with non-targeted rockets. No pauses for humanitarian aid etc.

And then, after realising that they don't work against military/terrorist bunkers, go to plan A instead.

You don't bring a pea shooter to a war if you've got a gun.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

And used them indiscriminately, no warnings, no targeting, together with non-targeted rockets. No pauses for humanitarian aid etc.

And then, after realising that they don't work against military/terrorist bunkers, go to plan A instead.

You don't bring a pea shooter to a war if you've got a gun.

to quote @Traf

13,000 children

but that's not "butchery"

no

collateral damage, consquences of war, defending themselves, hamas started it, october 7th, at least they gave warnings etc, etc and so on

you don't kill 13,000 kids if you are specifically waging war on a terrorist organisation

oh yeah

shields, i forgot shields

• Members
12 hours ago, Traf said:

13,000 children.

Collateral damage.

Even the most fervent supporter of Israel can't be happy at that.

Absolutely not happy mate. Sad. Those butchering savages should have considered this in the lead up to October 7th.

BTW, believing any numbers Hamas release would be folly. They lie about every single thing. Remember the hospital?

Edited by bolty58

• Members
9 hours ago, frank_spencer said:

"The same butchery". What the fuck are you on about? I really wish I had the smarts to post the video I have seen about your (apparent) fucking heroes slicing open a pregnant woman. I won't even repeat what came next. Still traumatised.

Finish the job no matter what it takes. That will be the mantra no matter what the wets and tacit supporters say. Survival depends on it.

• Members
7 hours ago, Traf said:

Do you seriously think they aren't doing the same?
The state of Israel needs to be tried for war crimes.

Yes, Israel are absolutely not behaving like Hamas did on 7th October. No comparison.

• Members
5 hours ago, Zico said:

to quote @Traf

13,000 children

but that's not "butchery"

no

collateral damage, consquences of war, defending themselves, hamas started it, october 7th, at least they gave warnings etc, etc and so on

you don't kill 13,000 kids if you are specifically waging war on a terrorist organisation

oh yeah

shields, i forgot shields

Utter fucking drivel. I hope Israel step it up and finish the job quickly for a number of reasons not least of which is no longer having to read terrorist appeasing sarcasm like this.

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

Utter fucking drivel. I hope Israel step it up and finish the job quickly for a number of reasons not least of which is no longer having to read terrorist appeasing sarcasm like this.

tenor.gif

• Members
9 hours ago, Zico said:

tenor.gif

We can bat this back and forward across the net forever and you will repeatedly resort to such sarcasm. Point - none. Waste of fucking time.

Quite simple for me. There is a country under threat from virtually all of its neighbours which want to see it cease to exist and "the Jews pushed into the sea". This country has Western values and would behave in a completely civilised way if left alone to simply get on with life. Instead, they have to resort to military and other means to counter such savagery as seen on October 7th.

Would that entity have my support or the other one which claims to be part of the 'religion of peace' which has committed the most vicious and bloody massacres all over the world over the last few decades - even in the UK. Simple choice for me. Dismantle the enemies capability. Completely.

Pointless discussing with you any further. Truth is, none of us is ever going to change our position. 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, bolty58 said:

We can bat this back and forward across the net forever and you will repeatedly resort to such sarcasm. Point - none. Waste of fucking time.

Quite simple for me. There is a country under threat from virtually all of its neighbours which want to see it cease to exist and "the Jews pushed into the sea". This country has Western values and would behave in a completely civilised way if left alone to simply get on with life. Instead, they have to resort to military and other means to counter such savagery as seen on October 7th.

Would that entity have my support or the other one which claims to be part of the 'religion of peace' which has committed the most vicious and bloody massacres all over the world over the last few decades - even in the UK. Simple choice for me. Dismantle the enemies capability. Completely.

Pointless discussing with you any further. Truth is, none of us is ever going to change our position. 

yeah I get all that, I'd like to see Hamas eliminated as well, our positions in that respect are aligned

but what i don't get, and what the Team Israel can't seem to explain, is why so much death and destruction of innocent kids and lives is acceptable - it's almost like they see Palestinans and Hamas as one and same entity for some reason, so no harm done.  the other irony being it fuels the enemy's capability

madness

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, globaldiver said:

Hearing that Hamas have agreed a ceasefire 

I bloody hope so, this has gone on long enough. Release the hostages and stop bombing residential areas. Get aid in, Arab peacekeepers and sort a political settlement without Hamas and Netanyahu. 

I know that isn't going to happen but things need to change.

19 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

I bloody hope so, this has gone on long enough. Release the hostages and stop bombing residential areas. Get aid in, Arab peacekeepers and sort a political settlement without Hamas and Netanyahu. 

They surely do

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Winchester White said:

There is the one obvious flaw!

Otherwise, yes.

If they stopped battling there'd be no need for any peacekeepers neither.