Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Covid-19

Spider

1 hour ago, Zico said:

Texas man who led anti-mask protests in name of ‘freedom’ dies of Covid-19

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/aug/29/texas-caleb-wallace-anti-mask-protests-freedom-dies-covid-19

I'm trying to have sympathy/empathy for these people but its wearing very thin

Anyway he got his freedom to go meet his maker

On 30/08/2021 at 14:43, Zico said:

Texas man who led anti-mask protests in name of ‘freedom’ dies of Covid-19

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/aug/29/texas-caleb-wallace-anti-mask-protests-freedom-dies-covid-19

Seeing more and more of these reports each day and they seem to be getting younger. 

Fuck all sympathy for them either 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, royal white said:

Seeing more and more of these reports each day and they seem to be getting younger. 

Fuck all sympathy for them either 

Seems to be a slight upward trend on deaths. Of course cases are quite high, but they have been around 30000+ for a while, so not sure why.

Perhaps something in these suggestions that the vaccine effectiveness wanes after around 6 months.

Bloke in our head office died yesterday. Complications of Covid. 51. Fucking 51. My rep in Scotland who’s been working in A&E and jabbing folk as well has it. On the verge of calling an ambulance on Saturday. In a right state as very unwell currently. This fucker isn’t going away anytime soon it seems 

4 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Bloke in our head office died yesterday. Complications of Covid. 51. Fucking 51. My rep in Scotland who’s been working in A&E and jabbing folk as well has it. On the verge of calling an ambulance on Saturday. In a right state as very unwell currently. This fucker isn’t going away anytime soon it seems 

Was he vaccinated?

28 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

I walked on site today and clocked a sparky who I worked closely alongside pulling cables through a roof the week before I caught it. "Oi, Did you give me Covid you fucker?" (tongue in cheek, what happened, happened IMO) I shouted.

Then he tells me he's going to his brother's funeral on Friday, they went to a Euro night in a pub and his brother caught Covid there before we worked together. He tells ne he has had several PCR tests since and has always been negative and therefore couldn't have given it to me.

This thing is weird.

Hard times lie ahead, I'm seriously considering retiring early.

Strange at moment. I've been to a festival, full theatre shows, gigs, rammed pubs, mad busy kids soft play areas, on the tube, trains, in offices, met strangers, mates, family.... thought I was bound to get it at some point over the summer and so far nowt. 

Probably catch it dropping the kids off at school tomorrow.

• Site Supporter

Still not had it.

If I decide I fancy ten days off in a few weeks I’m sure I’ll manage to get it though.

A bit like 40% of the country.

Already had people in the office asking what happens if they catch it in the next few months now furlough has ended. The thick wankers.

3 minutes ago, Spider said:

Still not had it.

If I decide I fancy ten days off in a few weeks I’m sure I’ll manage to get it though.

A bit like 40% of the country.

Already had people in the office asking what happens if they catch it in the next few months now furlough has ended. The thick wankers.

You really don't want it mate.

Total fallacy that its a 10 day and you'll be reet thing.

It hits every bit of your body, it took me 5 weeks and I'm a double jabbed hard as nails fucker

8 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Strange at moment. I've been to a festival, full theatre shows, gigs, rammed pubs, mad busy kids soft play areas, on the tube, trains, in offices, met strangers, mates, family.... thought I was bound to get it at some point over the summer and so far nowt. 

Probably catch it dropping the kids off at school tomorrow.

I got it from touching a toilet wall

Just now, Not in Crawley said:

Far too leading...

Even my kids have had it. 

Maybe I'm not swabbing right.

I'm a builder, the school toilets were in full use in Thursday and we went in rebuilding them on Friday, I spent the morning measuring up. Tuesday I was positive.

So if I avoid skulking round kids toilets I should be fine?

Shouldn't be too difficult a task.

Still, everyone in my family who is a teacher has had it or had to visit sites. I've not left the house since Sunday night as I'm working at home still. I'd say that massively reduces chances of getting it, and in the office it's all cubicles and one way systems, meetings with two meter rules and all that.

20 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

So if I avoid skulking round kids toilets I should be fine?

Shouldn't be too difficult a task.

Still, everyone in my family who is a teacher has had it or had to visit sites. I've not left the house since Sunday night as I'm working at home still. I'd say that massively reduces chances of getting it, and in the office it's all cubicles and one way systems, meetings with two meter rules and all that.

Everyone is going to get it now as no rules are being followed. I feel invincible for the next 3 months or so because I have come out of the other end reasonably okay. AZ obviously wears off or is fuck all use against the new strains, Mu is the latest I believe. 

Still believe this thing is manufactured