Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

A View From The Other Side

matty2094

weird bunch these lot

Painful this but Numpties 2 us 0.

They have been throwing their new found financial resources around to good effect and will be a real handful at Horwich.

Would donate one of my kidneys for a Morecambe win but can't see it happening.

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, matty2094 said:

Well I’ve somehow been banned from that Morecambe fans Facebook page - anyone still a member and fancy doing the honours?

All quotes from said FB page

So gutted for the players - they put an absolute shift in tonight. To concede at the death in the way that we did with the finish line in sight was devastating. But they should keep their chins up.

First half we were under the pump, and scored against the run of play. But in the second half Noblot created little and didn’t really look like scoring. If anything we looked more dangerous on the break. We counted down the seconds, only for the last 30 of them to haunt us…. Again!

You’ve got to highlight the officials, they were appalling. Connolly was absolutely cleaned out in the box at the start of the second half - the referee had his whistle in his mouth (saw the foul) but waited for the linesman for confirmation, which wasn’t forthcoming. It’s a scandalous decision. Between them they bottled it - and that cost is in the end, in addition to all the other shite decisions.

What do we have to do to win a game?

We should’ve beaten Bolton twice this season, yet their classless fans get the tinpot Viking thunder clap out for their second 1-1 draw against the mighty Shrimps… I guess that shows how far we’ve come.

Fané my MOTM - needs to be starting. Yann Songo’o reborn. 🦐

They celebrated the point as if they'd won the European Cup.. Not that they will see Europe for many a year.. Morecambe fans were brilliant.. Never stopped the whole game.. Whilst the Bolton fans just slagged their players for 48 second half mins.. Then the few that were left showed their real colours with over the top celebrations... We go again Saturday.. This time the 3 points are ours....

The Officials are so poor its every week. About time everybody was given the chance to officiate games proper equalities given the chance. Fed up with Officials bottling decisions.
Fair play to Mr Adams, Mr Mcmahon and backroom staff for fighting fire with fire and putting Evatt and his Cronies in there places numerous times watching Mr Adams recieve a yellow card after being pushed by Evatt watching Evatt dissappear sit down his cronies take over argument with 4th Official no card given to The Instigator himself Evatt proved a number of things Evetts a bully and a disgrace......

I’ve just gone through all the league games where we’ve conceded late this season.. we’ve dropped 10 points so far from the 85th minute onwards.. if the game ended in the 85th minute we would currently be on 42 points and be in 16th place! If we’re going to stay up we MUST start seeing games out. Unbelievable the amount of points we’ve dropped from winning/drawing positions. 
& let’s not talk about that ref… how an earth that is not a penalty is absolutely disgraceful. Bottled it in front of a big raucous home crowd. Never seen a bigger stone waller, EMBARRASSING 😡 About time we get a couple of decisions from referees because everytime we’re playing a big club we get sod all, the officiating has been abysmal for us this season, it has to end 🤬

Quote a link to someone’s incorrect opinion.

The ref must have been in their pocket. Shocking decisions which cost us. Their commentators were disgraceful, saying we are just having a little adventure in league 1 to visit bigger stadiums and we should go back down 😡
The lads did us proud tonight, couldn't have asked for more 👏🏼 🦐

Absolutely gutted. That's 4 points lost to Bolton this season by conceading in injury time

The one positive to take is teams above us losing, we just now need to find a win and climb out of the relegation zone

Will boxing day tickets work tonight?

Last one added so you can roll your eyes as much as I did. 

I thought the ref was pretty consistent throughout the game, consistently shit, but not helped by the little bald lino in front of WSL, who didn't flag for penalties on Baka and their no.11.

Morecambe have some nerve to moan about players rolling around feigning injury, too, as they were pretty much at it from the off.

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Unfortunately, Morecambe will stay up in my opinion, got more about them than Wimbledon and the others in the bottom 4

Really hope I'm wrong on that though

Am I alone in hoping they survive? Whilst all the far-flung away days are great fun, so also are the local ones.

• Site Supporter

Glad to see the back of that scummy horrible club for this season. Hopefully the 4 points we have stopped them gaining (should have been 6) will ensure they stay down in league 1 so we can endure the pathetic evatt again next year. Unless he is sacked by then hopefully.

Special mention also to their keeper Trafford who has proved himself at the end of both games to be a classless bum in the same horrible mould as his manager.

We have played some brilliant games this season, against great teams with brill fans, managers and players.

And then theres that lot..............

• Members

I would like them to stay up just to see us trounce them properly next season

3 hours ago, MickyD said:

Am I alone in hoping they survive? Whilst all the far-flung away days are great fun, so also are the local ones.

They may have a point about the celebration of our goal if everyone was like me. Looking back I'm a little embarrassed at how hard I celebrated an equaliser against them jokers. 

I was just over the moon that the shower of absolute shite hawks didn't take 3 points home from our place. Twats, to a man. 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, boogs said:

They may have a point about the celebration of our goal if everyone was like me. Looking back I'm a little embarrassed at how hard I celebrated an equaliser against them jokers. 

I was just over the moon that the shower of absolute shite hawks didn't take 3 points home from our place. Twats, to a man. 

Why be embarrassed?

Go fucking bonkers!

It was a last minute equaliser- doesn't matter who the opposition is, it's bound to be celebrated wildly. Be weird if it wasn't.

For them to be complaining about it, well fuck em. They'd be just the same.

5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Why be embarrassed?

Go fucking bonkers!

It was a last minute equaliser- doesn't matter who the opposition is, it's bound to be celebrated wildly. Be weird if it wasn't.

For them to be complaining about it, well fuck em. They'd be just the same.

Y'know what. You're dead right there.

Suppose I was referring to lowering myself to feeling I'd been dragged into some "rivalry" by tin pots. But anyone playing them delaying shithouse tactics all night would have had me the same. 

Either way fuck em. Last minute goals are the best. 

The look on my nephews face of joy at the goal then morphing into bewilderment at me bouncing around like a nutjob is an image that will stay with me for a good while 😁

• Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, boogs said:

Y'know what. You're dead right there.

Suppose I was referring to lowering myself to feeling I'd been dragged into some "rivalry" by tin pots. But anyone playing them delaying shithouse tactics all night would have had me the same. 

Either way fuck em. Last minute goals are the best. 

The look on my nephews face of joy at the goal then morphing into bewilderment at me bouncing around like a nutjob is an image that will stay with me for a good while 😁

That's what it's all about.

Bollocks to chucking stuff at each other- nothing surpasses the mutual joy on our faces when a goal goes in like that. Buzzing. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

It might because I've been down south for a long time, but why on Earth do Morecombe hate us? 

Has it changed? Thought it was a small town by the sea no one goes to nevermind being bothered about a football team there.

I think it’s a recent thing. They must’ve heard Doncaster fans calling us names and, desperate to have a rival, have jumped all over it. Unfortunately for them, like Wigan, we just can’t be arsed reciprocating the bile and bitterness.