Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Food / Delivery shortages

Spider

13 hours ago, Rudy said:

Got my Uber receipt the other day 

Taxi for 12:15 £5.50 from Horwich to Lostock

Total £8.50

Waiting time 2mins £1.50 per minute

We we’re outside and waiting for him and could see him down the road. Cheeky cunt

Would you rate your driving experience with Abdul?

oh i will

Mate got quoted £74 for an uber from unibol to A1 chippy last week, haven't even got the imagination to think what extras that must have included.

4 minutes ago, green genie said:

Hasn't been an issue in rural Dem and Kernow which should have been affected worst 

Apologies mate I was quite generic. I meant the heartlands of the south east and Home Counties etc.

Im having major issues getting stock down your way at the moment. All down to drivers. Nowt else

Edited by tomski

• Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I thank you.

Southerners are fine until they start driving!

That is so true. You can tell when you’re getting nearer to that London as suddenly the motorway driving gets noticeably worse. Might as well turn the inside lane into a green wilding project 

13 hours ago, White on Tyne said:

Demand for containers is outstripping supply by up to 20% at the moment.  Container ship turnaround times in China also causing huge delays due to COVID and too many empty containers in the wrong place waiting to get back to China.  
It’s worse in US where the delays at ports to discharge is weeks. I read that if you laid all the containers on those ships waiting to berth at Los Angeles end to end they would reach half way across the USA. 

Happy Christmas. 

Factories in China now quoting longer lead times due to power shortage. 

2 minutes ago, White on Tyne said:

That is so true. You can tell when you’re getting nearer to that London as suddenly the motorway driving gets noticeably worse. Might as well turn the inside lane into a green wilding project 

And every indicator on every car down here is broken.

Can't say I'm completely innocent, have to calm down when I'm back home and remember not everyone is trying to cut me up.

15 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

And every indicator on every car down here is broken.

Can't say I'm completely innocent, have to calm down when I'm back home and remember not everyone is trying to cut me up.

I must admit that I do seem to make people angry when I go back up. 

• Members
8 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Always surprises me driving around London how aggressive everyone seems to drive.  Going to Wimbledon I flashed to let someone out at a junction and there was hesitation and a puzzled look on their face.

Dogging signal 

allegedly 👀

20 hours ago, White on Tyne said:

Demand for containers is outstripping supply by up to 20% at the moment.  Container ship turnaround times in China also causing huge delays due to COVID and too many empty containers in the wrong place waiting to get back to China.  
It’s worse in US where the delays at ports to discharge is weeks. I read that if you laid all the containers on those ships waiting to berth at Los Angeles end to end they would reach half way across the USA. 

Happy Christmas. 

Mrs Manc was explaining this to me as she deals with Chinese and US inbound stuff and it’s due to COVID. I hadn’t realised just how much stuff comes from these countries on passenger planes. Baggage only takes up a percentage of the hold and the rest of the space is sold for cargo. Because passenger flights have reduced so much there simply isn’t the capacity to shift it all now so the demand on shipping is way outstripping supply as you say

On a Brexit note there’s a lot less cheap shit coming in to the UK from China. Cheap knockoff AirPods, for example. You know when you buy summat cheap on eBay or the like and it arrives in a grey envelope with a Chinese label. The import tax now payable makes it unprofitable. Some may see it as a victory 💣

9 hours ago, White on Tyne said:

That is so true. Southerners seem to have an allergic reaction to the first lane. If it's a four lane motorway this becomes the second lane. It's weird d

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

Always surprises me driving around London how aggressive everyone seems to drive.  Going to Wimbledon I flashed to let someone out at a junction and there was hesitation and a puzzled look on their face.

1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

Never, ever let anyone out. Ever.

I did the same on my way to the hotel in Wimbledon. Flashed someone out of a side street and the car behind was gesticulating because, I assume, he’d be one extra car late for wherever he was off to.

Once I found out it wound the locals up I became Mr Super-Generous. My road is your road, after you.