Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Dapo Afolayan

Traf

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Traf said:

Both centre halves?

Thinking along the same lines. Has to be Holden and Cahill doesn’t it?

I’m racking my brains for more outfield players I’d have (Aaron Mooy??) but I reckon @Biggish Daveis right. 

You could argue a case for Madine, but to be honest I’d rather have JDB

The other one is Aaron Ramsdale although he was only here as a youngster and didn’t play in the first team.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Correct.

Bannan was never ours in the first place so didn't include him

Remind me, how good was he? He played 16 games and didn’t score. Unfortunately the wiki stats don’t go as far as assists so was he that good for us?

6 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Remind me, how good was he? He played 16 games and didn’t score. Unfortunately the wiki stats don’t go as far as assists so was he that good for us?

Tidy, I'd call him. 

I'd say his quality stood out in a fairly poor side for the level we were at.

15 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I wasn’t a big fan, obviously good on the ball but other parts of his game poor and weak as piss. I’d say league one is where he belongs a decent playmaker at that level.  

Edited by Mounts Kipper

7 hours ago, Traf said:

I'd have Barry Bannan back in a flash.

Definitely. 9 goals and 12 assists this season. As said, a very tidy player. Think we need to find a player like that. At the moment we have neat a tidy midfielders, who don’t score. Would like to think Dempsey can step up to that maybe

2 hours ago, superkev said:

Definitely. 9 goals and 12 assists this season. As said, a very tidy player. Think we need to find a player like that. At the moment we have neat a tidy midfielders, who don’t score. Would like to think Dempsey can step up to that maybe

Sheehan could be that man quite easily if pushed further forward. 

Dapo, Lee & Sheehan aren’t bad options there then either MJ or Dempsey alongside Morley 

2 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

wasn't Bannon (and Danns) the ones resposible for Davies wanting to stop bankrolling the club after they rolled into the hotel early hours on matchday morning ? Allegedly, of course.

Did Lennon bring him in or was he in beforehand? I remember Lennon brought Chungy more central alongside Bannan and they looked very good. It started that run of good form we had with Lennon initially 

Alan Hutton came in at the same time if memory serves