Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Barnsley (H)

Steejay

7 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Fitness reports in the media say Bolton have Dempsey & Baka returning but we have "suffered a blow in defence". 

"Oh, God" I thought.

It turns out Eoin Toal has a knock !!

Yes and manc paper showed a photo of one of our players of colour

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Smiley said:

The game we all had nailed on as a “banker”. And we drew. Quite a depressing day despite Gudni’s Exocet missile!

My first game at the Reebok that as was down in Cambridgeshire at uni for a year 

Only other game I got to that season was the 5-0 bumming at sheff weds

Bloody Barnsley.  They've always been a pain in the arse. 1st season we played them in my lifetime they did us 2-0 & 3-0. First team to beat us on a Sunday, only side we didn't beat in the 96/97 season. Their first premier league win was against us and we didn't win at Oakwell in about 80 years. I even got arrested there ffs.

0-1 defeat because it seems to be what the footballing God's want. C*nts

Drop a central midfielder and go 3-4-3 for me.

Get Dapo left, Kachunga or Sadlier right of Charles. Although wouldn't mind seeing Bod play as the focul point up front if he had more players close to him to play off.

With Bradley and Iredale/John plus 3 CBs we have 5 defenders on the pitch, surely we can cope with an orthodox CM 2. 

Wont happen, but we need Dapo back in team for me, even if it means a change of shape.

2 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

Bloody Barnsley.  They've always been a pain in the arse. 1st season we played them in my lifetime they did us 2-0 & 3-0. First team to beat us on a Sunday, only side we didn't beat in the 96/97 season. Their first premier league win was against us and we didn't win at Oakwell in about 80 years. I even got arrested there ffs.

0-1 defeat because it seems to be what the footballing God's want. C*nts

Good memories, but focusing on our worst results!  They've never won at the Reebok.  I think any of us will struggle to think of another team with a worse record here since mid 90s.   make it 10 home games unbeaten if we include last season's league cup.  Last home defeat was last game of 93/94 with nothing riding on it.  Admittedly that was the 8th game on the trot we'd failed to beat them!  Hopefully we'll keep our home run going today.