Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Barnsley (H)

Steejay

• Site Supporter

They came for a scrap

Constantly had 11 behind the ball forcing us out wide

Dirty fucking talentless Yorkshire lumps the lot of them.

Get a striker or 2 firing and we’ll be reet.

Our defence is rock solid.

Shit game, because that’s what teams like fucking Barnsley do.

Bonus for the whiners though, stay away from the knife drawer chaps.

What a dire, poor game - I'm not sure what Evatt is doing or trying to do, it's shit to watch - very slow, ponderous, aimless, very little creativity - 3rd game without a goal

Evatt said that he got offered loads of strikers before the deadline ended, what poor judgement then by him to turn any decent ones down, Evatt really isn't as good as 'he' thinks he is, Dapo as a No10 when you have proper No10's on the bench just sums him up, Dapo is most effective as a winger, if Evatt rates him he needs to play him in his best position.

He also needs to get Morley & Dempsey starting in midfield, apparently though today was a bonus for anyone who dares to criticise the Manager.

Edited by Black Sheep

Well that was a bit poo

Our passing is so laboured what happened to the quick one touch pass and move.The Dion chance was right in front of me and I'm sure it took a slight deflection just before he got to it Anyway a point is better than nothing

Onwards and upwards 

13 games in, our top scorer is Bradley at right back with 2 goals.

Our defence is the best in the league and we are averaging the highest possession.

Our situation isn't a complex one, we need to be much better in the final 3rd.

Oh and also, our set pieces are fucking diabolical. 10 corners again today and not one went past the 1st man. 

3 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

The possession football is well & good but there has to be better choices in ramping the speed up. Otherwise the opposition can simply settle back

Agreed.  Too often we're too slow and too safe.  We're not far off though.

2 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

Oh and also, our set pieces are fucking diabolical. 10 corners again today and not one went past the 1st man. 

Being saying that all season makes my piss boil . Morley when he first came to the club used to whip them in now he is is worse than anyone 

• Site Supporter

Oh I will have a whinge about corners.

not beating the 1st man is absolutely fucking pathetic at ANY level let alone pro football.

Id put any player that fails to beat the 1st man on the transfer list of they do it more than once.

Edited by Spider

1 minute ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

The possession football is well & good but there has to be better choices in ramping the speed up. Otherwise the opposition can simply settle back

The tempo is so slow & predictable, and we don't move the ball quick enough from back to front - its ok having lots of possession on the edge of your own box but it's possession just for the sake of it - a lot of fans today not happy with how slow we moved he ball. We need to play with a quicker tempo, faster transition from back to front & more intensity.

Imagine police kettling home and away fans outside station then forgetting to tell the driver of the 1713 to wait while they let us all out. It went without anyone getting on and left everyone stood out in rain until the 1745. An utter, utter shambles.

For me ( no doubt I will get some stick ) we have too many defence minded players on the pitch and we are relying on the front 2 plus whoever plays the number 10 role to score and make the goals., why IE as gone this way I have no idea but the football is awful to watch and like a few have said 60 to 70 % and only 1shot on target doesn’t win games ! And our set pieces are bloody pointless!!

Wasn’t there, didn’t watch it so only going on basis of stats. Defence seems solid but we can’t score which is a concern.

Does Evatt weaken the defence to give more creativity? He needs to do something.

October is always awful for us, but we’re in a pack of 6 teams all in or around the play offs, so whilst we are out of form, we’re still in it.

No goals but hopefully we won the XG again.

The positive was seeing how poor a fellow play off contender looked.  Woeful in possession and desperate for a draw.  Why would any team in this league waste time blatantly when not even winning?

No goals or near misses again but I take enjoyment in other elements, and 3 or 4 passes by Williams and Dapo today were top class, great to watch.  Bradley back to his early season form, what an engine. 

Williams probably shaded MOM once Dapo's impact reduced, but he and Thomasson should never shoot because they can't.  Lack of technique and composure when aiming towards goal appalling considering how good they can pass, and that has to be taken into account when picking the team because you can only pick so many who can't score or create a goal.  5 defenders, 2 defensive mids at home?  Lee has to play surely, we need a goal.