Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Oxford H

W.cramp

37 minutes ago, Traf said:

John was arguably our best player in the secind half at Forest Green when we finally decided to have a go at them.

Best LWB at the club IMO.

I don't think many on here would argue too much against that, but something isn't right behind the scenes.

12 minutes ago, DazBob said:

I don't think many on here would argue too much against that, but something isn't right behind the scenes.

Spat his dummy out and got read the riot act off Evatt after being dragged off against Leeds kids. Booting changing room door, child.

Edited by L/H White

27 minutes ago, L/H White said:

Spat his dummy out and got read the riot act off Evatt after being dragged off against Leeds kids. Booting changing room door, child.

I quite like that, a bit of passion etc.
Perhaps he's very frustrated at being left out?

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, DazBob said:

Wouldn't surprise me if John doesn't play for us again.

33 minutes ago, L/H White said:

You've heard the story too then.

Wasn't going to say anything, but now the cat's out of the bag, then yes he's supposedly causing trouble. Also heard he likes a drop too many.

• Moderators
53 minutes ago, green genie said:

Ahem. We’re so small we’re invisible 😁

I just saw a picture on instagram

how many did you take and where?

credit always due for clubs/fans in the arse end of nowhere where every away game is a trek

1 minute ago, Zico said:

I just saw a picture on instagram

how many did you take and where?

credit always due for clubs/fans in the arse end of nowhere where every away game is a trek

Comment was aimed at you saying Ipswich are top👍

As you asked 1200 sellouts at FGR, Wycombe and Brizzle, 1050 sell out at Fleetwood, 1900 sell out to Pompey, 2300 to Derby, 2600 to MK and 1160 to Charlton on a Tuesday.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, green genie said:

As you asked 1200 sellouts at FGR, Wycombe and Brizzle, 1050 sell out at Fleetwood, 1900 sell out to Pompey, 2300 to Derby, 2600 to MK and 1160 to Charlton on a Tuesday.

If we had nowt to do but eacy carrots, turnips and apples...

:)

9 hours ago, DazBob said:

One song I've never liked or understood is "Your support is fucking shit".  Especially when it is sung to the fans who have made the effort.

Yeh agreed, i hate that song aswell, i find it a total embarrassment that we’re taking the piss out of lads who’ve travelled to watch ( in Burtons case) a shit team,who are almost certain to suffer a defeat.

Funny enough though, they sang it to us in the 1st half the cheeky cnuts.

11 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Yeh agreed, i hate that song aswell, i find it a total embarrassment that we’re taking the piss out of lads who’ve travelled to watch ( in Burtons case) a shit team,who are almost certain to suffer a defeat.

Funny enough though, they sang it to us in the 1st half the cheeky cnuts.

I don't get the one that such a place is a shit hole, I want to go home 

You're there for the footy not a day out shopping or buying a house, most will probably spend their time in the pub, then the ground, then the pub before finally going home 

Also don't get why some away games, particularly likes of MK Dons are avoided on the basis people don't like the place. 

It's not a sight seeing tour 

Edited by DirtySanchez
Spelling

• Site Supporter
20 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

You're there for the footy not a day out shopping or buying a house, most will probably spend their time in the pub, then the ground, then the pub before finally going home 

Also don't get why some away games, particularly likes of MK Dons are avoided on the basis people don't like the place. 

Some like to go for a day out and a few drinks. Some even stay over. I suppose its those fans that will get a feel for a place, and decide whether it's a good place for such an event.

Each to their own, but like you, I see the game as paramount.

35 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Still chuckle remembering the lads at Fulham during our cup run wandering through the park by the ground singing 'Fulham is quite nice, still wanna go home'

4 hours ago, green genie said:

You have always had decent away support 

But what caught my eye yesterday was you neighbours up the road  

Took 1197 to Derby last night - given their average crowd is probably 6500 this season  that is a cracking turnout on a tuesday night 

14 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

8A09BB7B-DCE6-4247-983F-EFF4DABCABA6.png

Only tells part of the story really, a lot of it is to do with capacity.  Most of the smaller clubs won't ever sell an away allocation out, so their figures are a true reflection of their support.  Sheff Wed and Derby probably sell out 90% of away games within 2 days of tickets going on sale, so their average of 2k or 3k is down to the size of the away ends, their real support is much higher.  Same with us to a lesser extent.