Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Charlton (A)

Biggish Dave

Just back, most enjoyable though 2-1 doesn't reflect how good we were or how many chances we created.....& missed, we're going to smash somebody soon.

Shortire was very good upfront for half an hour but faded a little,Jerome & Victor both looked very lively adding some physicality & upgrades on Baka & Dapo, Bradley was good up to some wasteful final balls, & Santos, Charles & Dempsey were standouts again.

Great, noisy support again, & all the trains ran on time......happy days !!!!

• The topic was unpinned
  • Site Supporter
4 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Early evening on live down here. Brilliant support. Morley's goal a cracker. Set the tone.

Not quite sure how we didn't win more comfortably. Our new strikers looked a bit shot shy to me but too early to judge them.

There was one of the chances where I'd looked easier to shoot than pass for CJ. Did make me wonder if he's that type of player (wanting others to score) hence his goal record. 

• Site Supporter
31 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

How was your train @desperado? 20 min delaying going for us but nowt major & back in Manc for 8 via sheff 

Perfect time wise.

Very quiet. Going down we had a carriage to ourselves! 

Coming back at 6.33 (afternoon in London Bridge) from Euston was a bit busier, but still plenty of room. Back in Bolton for 9.20.

1 hour ago, radcliffe white said:

How was your train @desperado? 20 min delaying going for us but nowt major & back in Manc for 8 via sheff 

Train going spot on .

In the London just after 10.

We were told to keep an eye on return trains as there were going to be cancelling some later.

Got to Euston just after 5pm .

Caught the 5.30 back to manc . Got there at 7.53 then Blackpool train to Bolton at 8.02.

Had to wait 15mins in Achari for a table.

27 minutes ago, embankment said:

Train going spot on .

In the London just after 10.

We were told to keep an eye on return trains as there were going to be cancelling some later.

Got to Euston just after 5pm .

Caught the 5.30 back to manc . Got there at 7.53 then Blackpool train to Bolton at 8.02.

Had to wait 15mins in Achari for a table.

That seems a little longer train back to Manc was it slower service due to track works 

2 hours ago, only1swanny said:

There was one of the chances where I'd looked easier to shoot than pass for CJ. Did make me wonder if he's that type of player (wanting others to score) hence his goal record. 

I think its fair to say Charles (or Dapo) would have shot.  And when Charles had that chance when he could have played John in, I guess CJ would have passed.  Different types of player, some you win some you lose.  That superb finish of Charles against FGR maybe hasn't got the credit it deserves, I bet a CJ type player would have controlled it and laid it off.

38 minutes ago, anewman said:

With Big Vic in the squad, may as well get rid of kachunga now 

When Sheehan came on last 10 minutes, on another day that could be Kachunga to inject some energy and whatever else he brings.  Not saying it would be my choice, but not hard to see that role for him till his contract expires.

46 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

When Sheehan came on last 10 minutes, on another day that could be Kachunga to inject some energy and whatever else he brings.  Not saying it would be my choice, but not hard to see that role for him till his contract expires.

Thought Sheehan looked weak when he came on - what did he get booked for ?