Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bradford City (H)

Leyther_Matt

6 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Yes I don’t have a typical 9-5 down tools and off job, I can try my best to get away but if something crops up I’m fucked 

the extra hour for me is a bonus

Right I think I have an idea of type of work you do so actually agree in that situation the hour is a bonus. 

My point is that if the vast majority of people really wanted to get there they could. Alright it might involve a bit of an effort and organisation and maybe driving rather than relying on buses/trains.

if people are serious about backing the club given we have no game at weekend this is a chance to show it. Could be a dozen new players thinking ‘fucking hell this is brilliant’. Know they won’t be playing but having a few hundred extra on just helps build the momentum we need. 

Edited by Ani

1 minute ago, Ani said:

Right I think I have an idea of type of work you do so actually agree in that situation the hour is a bonus. 

My point is that if the vast majority of people really wanted to get there they could. Alright it might involve a bit of an effort and organisation and maybe driving rather than relying on buses/trains. 

Fair enough 

I don’t think the matchday bus runs for this competition does it? Probably rules the olds & the kids out 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Free parking and a fiver to get in. 

Can't turn that down. Depending how dad is feeling after his treatment tomorrow there will be or 1 or 2 from team Spencer there.

Free parking on club car parks?

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, burnden said:

Jimmy Phillips in the dug out and playing the kids according to Iles.

Hmm. Surely time to give some of the new guys a run out. The loans should have been in training with a pre season, even if not fully match fit.

Kids will be knackered from Saturday surely; Doncaster wouldn't be happy!

• Site Supporter
22 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Hmm. Surely time to give some of the new guys a run out. The loans should have been in training with a pre season, even if not fully match fit.

Kids will be knackered from Saturday surely; Doncaster wouldn't be happy

If be surprised if a few aren't involved

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I guess they won’t even have trained with us though. Risk of injury perhaps means they won’t be risked?

Last thing we want is to have this competition taking resources away from the league campaign. Stick with the kids (who will largely now become the fringe / reserve players - a few players aside).

Had it have been a week later, we could have used it to get the new players some match practice playing together. But it’s not. 

Wouldn't normally touch this competition with a barge pole since they introduced the 'big teams'. In for this though as either a last chance to see the kids all playing together or welcome some new signings, maybe even FV?

I reckon 7 o'clock kick off might work for me as likely to go straight from work and should still get home at a reasonable time.

9 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

This 

Cant say ‘kids can’t play twice in a week’ then two weeks later play them twice in a week, as it suits us 

When are we getting the punishment for Donny and Brentford? One of which should fall this season, let’s hope it’s just -3points 

29 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

This 

Cant say ‘kids can’t play twice in a week’ then two weeks later play them twice in a week, as it suits us 

When are we getting the punishment for Donny and Brentford? One of which should fall this season, let’s hope it’s just -3points 

Hear what you're saying, but they don't play this saturday too.

Which was the case with the Doncaster postponement. 

Well, that would be my arguement 😋

If either of the new centre forwards are fit enough would start them 

also try and get Lowe in midfield. 

That is in terms of winning/competing. But on other hand I would be happy to play same team as v Coventry and give the kids one last game together. 

Edited by Ani

This is a pointless competition however, given we could be seeing a significant further points deduction that might make the league a pretty irrelevant thing - I'd like us to try and progress in this one. Sure league is priority but if we could have a day out at Wembley and stick two fingers up at everyone on the day that would be ace.