Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Iles just tweeted.

Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter

Any L2 player wanting more than £1.5k after this lockdown is more interested in money than wanting to play so it’s a no from me.

Karl Henry summed it up, we are a losing club with a losing mentality. We need players more arsed about scrapping for points than building their bank balance

This is bolton wanderers in the bottom league of English football, regardless of our financial problems we will have the pulling power with the correct manager selling it 

I may come across like a Leeds fan but we will be the biggest in league 2 and players will want to come and play.

which goes back to chino, he may of pleased 3k rochdale fans and fed them bollocks but this is a different animal, FV need a good think about going forward 

34 minutes ago, Big E said:

His time has to be up. if he stays it will be easy not to bother. Listening to his shit post match interviews and watching his shit football isn't how folk will be wanting to spend money 

I'm not sure what it has been like with other league clubs the last couple of months, but it is strange that we haven't heard a word out of Hill considering how vocal he was during the playing season.

Maybe he's following the line of the owners in staying fairly quiet and neutral about things but it does make me wonder if hes even still at the club.

12 minutes ago, Traf said:

Very strange indeed. But we'd have heard from him had he been potted too?

Good point, we'll have surely heard from either him or Flitcroft if they had been shown the door.

Whether they expect to get another season with us might be a different matter.

Furloughed or not, Hill is NOT what we need going forward, as somebody above said, maybe had 3000 Rochdale fans on the hook, but their fans never had any expectations, he's way out of his depth at a bigger club as shown at Barnsley, and his inane ramblings have shown how the pressure got to him, and in that Emannuel interview it was said that Hill could shrug a 7-0 loss aside, can't imagine Sam or any decent manager shrugging a heavy defeat off, has to be replaced.

If Hill's furloughed he cant contact the players in an official capacity, not defending him but if that's the case we cant criticise him.  And if he's furloughed he's probably getting paid £2,500 a month which is presumably a massive pay cut.

Surely all the players should be furloughed in this situation when we're already skint, I cant think of a reason not to do so but we arent being told much unless I've missed it.

9 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

If Hill's furloughed he cant contact the players in an official capacity, not defending him but if that's the case we cant criticise him.  And if he's furloughed he's probably getting paid £2,500 a month which is presumably a massive pay cut.

Surely all the players should be furloughed in this situation when we're already skint, I cant think of a reason not to do so but we arent being told much unless I've missed it.

They reached an agreement to defer their wages.

I get that we didn’t have a pre-season, signed a load of randomers and were up against it from the start.

However, we stand 21 points from safety as things stand. And this was the table before Accrington away:-
FEx36lC.jpg

Had things gone our way with games in hand, we could’ve been just 3 points from safety.

2 wins in 20 games.

• Site Supporter
On 15/05/2020 at 20:05, Marc505 said:

Just wait till he starts regaling us with tales of how him and his missus entertained themselves during lockdown.

We’d know about it if he’d been furloughed. 
JSL

36 minutes ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

I get that we didn’t have a pre-season, signed a load of randomers and were up against it from the start.

However, we stand 21 points from safety as things stand. And this was the table before Accrington away:-
FEx36lC.jpg

Had things gone our way with games in hand, we could’ve been just 3 points from safety.

2 wins in 20 games.

That's an alarming stat no matter which way you look at it.

1 hour ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

FEx36lC.jpg

2 wins in 20 games.

It was almost as though we thought getting past 0pts was job done. 

We should have been beating the likes of Accy that day and eventually catching them and the Wimbledons.

4 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

They reached an agreement to defer their wages.

It will be interesting to see how that is resolved with no prospect of income improving this year.  Its a bizarre situation when we dont really know if we have a manager at the moment and we arent likely to find out until at least July (assuming contracts go to end June).

4 hours ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

FEx36lC.jpg

2 wins in 20 games.

rochdale, have lost as many games as we have. 

tranmere too. 

not saying we'd do out , but summat changed to where we werent as crap as we were. 

the chicksen fuck off were bad, other weird stuff. came off as wacky. 

surprised a ping pong table didnt get dusted down. 

might have done better had he stuck with chicksen and them instead of going on about "not good enough" and other crap i cant remember now.