Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wembley 🍕

Eddie

4 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Not really, but Evatt said this after the match: "It doesn't look great, his ankle ligament looks damaged"

Ah. Could be anything from a couple of weeks to months depending on whether it's torn or not and if so how bad.

Gutted about that - still GJ is back so we should be OK.

12 minutes ago, Electric Gretar said:

Extended highlights about to start on ITV4 +1 

Great watch. Definite penalty. Two definite red cards. In a way I’m glad they didn’t happen though as they might have become the narrative instead of concentrating on what an utterly liberating experience it was. 

• Members
Just now, Leyther_Matt said:

Great watch. Definite penalty. Two definite red cards. In a way I’m glad they didn’t happen though as they might have become the narrative instead of concentrating on what an utterly liberating experience it was. 

Very good point

As it is, the story is that we blitzed them

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

My thoughts too. Dont give them any excuses for the battering they got.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Just got home. Bit of a nightmare on the M6 today but that cant take anything away in probably what is the best weekend of my life.

3 generations of us walking up Wembley then witnessesing that kind of performance and celebration will never be beaten.

I sat there on 90mins just looking at our crowd waving flags and singing knowing I was with my Dad, sons and wife and what it meant to everyone there. First time Ive shed a tear at a football match since Black Sunday.

An absolute dream day, total happiness and makes all the hard yards worthwhile.

Life just doesn't get any better for a foobtall than that, regardless of the competition.

A massive shout out of Wembley assistance who were brilliant with my Dad who was struggling to make it up Wembley Way on his walking stick. They were straight in there, got him in a chair and took him all the way to his seat. Even picked him up after the game too. Brilliant.

Such a special day 💙

Magnificent.

Like you say, to see us lift a trophy at Wembley, in front of 35,000 whites with the family and mates all around - it’s the dream.

And I know this shouldn’t be surprising, but it’s still a bit weird to see a massive event like that ran so well.

I’ve written to Sharon and offered to let her sit on my knee in the minibus if we get back there in May. She can share my charcuterie and wine and everything. 

I’ve been critical of Sheehan since he came back, but he was very very good yesterday - added to a really good performance against Sheff Weds.

Not convinced he’s the answer in that role against shithouse teams on horrible tight pitches, but put him on a pitch like Wembley and he really shows how good a footballer he is.

1 minute ago, Spider said:

Magnificent.

Like you say, to see us lift a trophy at Wembley, in front of 35,000 whites with the family and mates all around - it’s the dream.

And I know this shouldn’t be surprising, but it’s still a bit weird to see a massive event like that ran so well.

I’ve written to Sharon and offered to let her sit on my knee in the minibus if we get back there in May. She can share my charcuterie and wine and everything. 

Apart from the pubs, but I suppose that meant us being in the ground at half 1 instead of piling in at 2.55 so job done in that regard!

11 hours ago, boogs said:

Yep, we made that mistake, just felt in limbo for a bit. That fanzone could and should have been 5 times bigger. There is more than enough room outside that stadium to have more bars etc. 

We ended up just going in at 1 when it opened and supping in there instead.

Fanzone looked rammed around 1ish and a queue to get in that wasn't moving, then it suddenly half emptied and they let loads in about 1.30, with virtually no queue at the bar.  I was stood near Mike Whitlow, very understated normal bloke, if Campo and Big Kev were having selfies all afternoon, this ex BWFC Prem footballer was having a very anonymous afternoon!

6 minutes ago, Underpants said:

@green genieAgent Mayflower has been walking around Harpers Park with a Bolton Tshirt on under their top today. They have informed their handlers that they will be putting laxatives into Cosgrove's energy drinks from now until the end of the season. The shithouse.

Good. Should be last choice up top.

surprised no FA charge been brought 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, green genie said:

You’re right if ref has seen it and yellow carded. 

Was a red, and in some ways he deserves further punishment, but at the same time the ref made a decision and it doesn't particularly sit well with me the idea of players being investigated following a dismissal. Seems a bit bitchy in a way.

2 hours ago, Farrelli said:

Sheehan one was near us and it incensed me and my brother. Absolutely no attempt to play the ball, should have been a red. I would have to see the Toal one again but it looked another red. Shocking how cynical those challenges were.

The sheehan tackle was so late, got the feeling mayor had been told to do it as it followed shortly after a water/injury break. Sheehan looked a different player in that first half, they couldn’t get near him

4 hours ago, victor meldrew said:

Didn’t see yesterday but umbetty did a full on John terry

Fair play to those left out, but I don't quite get the celebrations from those not picked.  If I was sent on loan, played in the semi then didn't even make the bench for the final even though 3 players were cup-tied, the last place you'd find me is in the middle of the celebrations.  Surely I can't be the only one that would feel a bit miffed?

Different scenario for JDB, but if I was injured and out for the season when my contract ends, not sure I could be arsed with doing the "look at what you could have won" thing.  On another note I'd have loved to have seen JDB against that Plymouth defence on that pitch, he would have had a field day.

• Site Supporter

He may have been disappointed not to play, but he's a professional and has played his part for the club.

Clearly been welcomed and I'd expect all of them to be joining in, even if there was some disappointment. 

May even be some inspiration to get better to achieve more great days.