Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Name’s Bond

globaldiver

They talk about improving the training facilities, fan experience and wifi - all well and good, but until we become established in a higher league that produces more revenue I'd much rather see the money spent on improving the squad to get us there.

That said, I've registered an interest to see what the small print looks like.

22 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

They talk about improving the training facilities, fan experience and wifi - all well and good, but until we become established in a higher league that produces more revenue I'd much rather see the money spent on improving the squad to get us there.

That said, I've registered an interest to see what the small print looks like.

any figures about for this new efl/sky deal yet?

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, captainmed said:

Seems too good to be true!!!!

I’ve got my FA having a look at it.

Could default I guess off a quick read.

Amazing returns……

It must be ok. The Supporters Trust followed the BWFC email up with one of their own telling us all what a good deal it is. Although their email header, A View From The Club seems a bit ambiguous to me as it’s not from the club.

Wanderers Bond Launch - View from the Club

Today the club announced a new fundraising initiative when they launched the Wanderers Bond. The bond is intended to generate funding to, in the words of the club, “invest in the future of BWFC”.

More details can be viewed on the club website by clicking hereand viewing the short video featuring Sharon Brittan, Nick Luckcock, Neil Hart and Ian Evatt in which they give the reasoning behind the bond issue.

The bond is effectively a loan made to the club over a 5-year term, at the end of which the full amount will be repaid to the bond holder. During the 5-year period, there will be an annual interest payment of 8.5% and the possibility of a further 10% bonus if the club compete in the EFL Championship from the ‘24/’25 season.

The club statement references that the funds raised will be used for both “sporting enhancements” and to “improve club infrastructure”.

The bond is being administered by Tifosy, a global sports investment firm who have overseen similar bond issues at other clubs, including EFL clubs Norwich City, QPR and Peterborough United. You can pre-register now at https://www.tifosy.com/bwfc

The BWFCST view the bond issue as a forward-thinking initiative which will allow supporters the opportunity of investing in the future of our club whilst further increasing the fan engagement which was recently acknowledged by the club winning the EFL Fan Engagement Award for ‘22/’23 season.

The trust will now look to obtain more information on the details of the bond and will pass on any updates to members as they arise. We are conscious that there is a relatively short timescale in operation and if you have any immediate questions that you would like us to address, please email us on enquiries@bwfcst.co.uk and we will do our best to get answers as quickly as possible.

26 minutes ago, captainmed said:

Seems too good to be true!!!!

I’ve got my FA having a look at it.

Could default I guess off a quick read.

Amazing returns……

See all looks above board to me but the returns are a bit pap compared to the risk. I don’t like risky bets and wouldn’t even read it if it wasn’t Bolton. Wish it well though and hopefully climbs us up the leagues.

34 minutes ago, MickyD said:

It must be ok. The Supporters Trust followed the BWFC email up with one of their own telling us all what a good deal it is. Although their email header, A View From The Club seems a bit ambiguous to me as it’s not from the club.

Of course it's from the Club. The ST is now just an extension of the club hierarchy

20 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Not a f ing chance. After losing £5000 with the Eddie Davies takeover, the only money I'll ever put into the club is for matches and merc

Will stick long in the memory for plenty. Fully understandable.

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, TrickyTrotter said:

Just noticed on Companies House that the (late) Gianluca Vialli is listed as a director of Tifosy Ltd.  

I'd never heard of it!

Just had a look, and he was a co-founder.

They've got links with many UK and overseas football and sports teams.

Including Roger's reds, so Tomski will be out!

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Wullie said:

Not a f ing chance. After losing £5000 with the Eddie Davies takeover, the only money I'll ever put into the club is for matches and merc

You didnt lose 5k did you?

18 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Really doesn’t sit well with me, all this. Makes me nervy why we need a loan all of a sudden. 

With a board of millionaires.

Don't worry, the Trust's high net worth individuals will sort us out.

If this 'investment' opportunity is so good, why aren't the current board just buying the bonds themselves?

40 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I'd never heard of it!

Just had a look, and he was a co-founder.

They've got links with many UK and overseas football and sports teams.

Including Roger's reds, so Tomski will be out!

Thank you and good night TMGJ