Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Peterborough v sheff weds

radcliffe white

Was out tonight so I recorded this and have just finished watching.

WTF?

For a neutral it was a superb watch with Wednesday's two early goals keeping the tension going - when I expected a procession. Last minute equaliser, Posh regain the lead in extra time and then another equaliser....the game was like a movie plot.

The emotions those two sets of fans must be feeling. Wow.

• Members

Unbelievable turnaround. I was at the home game against Wednesday and, if I remember rightly, most of us on here said that they were the best side we'd seen and would be thereabouts at the end. I hope we can join them at Wembley!

Is it just me that thought the ref started the Wednesday comeback. No way was their 1st a pen. The Wednesday player just ran straight into the Posh defender. Also how did Bannan stay on the pitch. He'd been booked, then at the begining of the 2nd half he took a Posh player out and totally got away with it. But all in all Peterborough gifted the game to Wednesday.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

Is it just me that thought the ref started the Wednesday comeback. No way was their 1st a pen. The Wednesday player just ran straight into the Posh defender. Also how did Bannan stay on the pitch. He'd been booked, then at the begining of the 2nd half he took a Posh player out and totally got away with it. But all in all Peterborough gifted the game to Wednesday.

The obvious pullback late in the game got waved away by the ref when just about everyone else thought it must be a free kick and red card.

3 hours ago, MickyD said:

Peterboroughways…

The action starts at page 14.

https://londonroad.net/Forum/showthread.php?tid=21990&page=14

Ouch.  That was painful reading and I kept thinking how I'd be feeling this morning if that was us.  The poor bastards!  I nodded at the post that said;

"Expect to hear "Four nil and you fecked it up" at every away ground until Christmas"

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Horwich said:

We need to sign Jack Taylor

Just been looking at his stats compared to our current players

Jack Taylor averages 2.6 shots per game

charles 2

Bod 1

Dempsey 1.3

Lee 0.6 

Sheehan 0.5

5 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

Ouch.  That was painful reading and I kept thinking how I'd be feeling this morning if that was us.  The poor bastards!  I nodded at the post that said;

"Expect to hear "Four nil and you fecked it up" at every away ground until Christmas"

Yes, there's losing and there's "the rest of the country is laughing at us" losing.  We've had our "Stoke" and this is their equivalent.  They will be scarred by that next time they are in the play offs, the feeling that even if you win the 1st leg 4-0 you're just setting yourself up for heartbreak that's on another level and leaves an emotional scar.

10 minutes ago, Zico said:

Thought wednesday's were excellent in terms of power and placement

They all hit the back of the net, that’s what counts. From a keepers perspective they didn’t look at footwork and not one being saved out of 8 is disappointing

• Members
6 hours ago, Horwich said:

charles 2

Bod 1

Dempsey 1.3

Lee 0.6 

Sheehan 0.5

That stat means nowt.  He may well be a player who has a pot-shot whenever he's within 30 yards of the goal. He'd not be doing that if he played for us.

7 hours ago, Horwich said:

charles 2

Bod 1

Dempsey 1.3

Lee 0.6 

Sheehan 0.5

Goals per shot / On Target %:

Taylor    0.08 / 27.9%

Charles    0.13 /  47.4%

Bod      0.15 / 45%

Dempsey     0.10 / 28.6%

Lee   0.16 / 31.6%

Sheehan   0.15 / 53.8%

Shoots more, but not as effeciently.

https://fbref.com/en/comps/15/shooting/League-One-Stats

Didn't Okocha hold the record one season for the most number of shots without scoring in the Prem.  For such a talented passer and dribbler, he used to shoot from ridiculous situations.  We've gone to the other extreme now.  Somewhere in the middle like Per Frandsen or Alan Thompson would be useful.

5 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Didn't Okocha hold the record one season for the most number of shots without scoring in the Prem.  For such a talented passer and dribbler, he used to shoot from ridiculous situations.  We've gone to the other extreme now.  Somewhere in the middle like Per Frandsen or Alan Thompson would be useful.

118 shots, no goals rings a bell.