Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Burton A

radcliffe white

1 hour ago, L/H White said:

Dan is proper shit. 

He'll be this season's Kachunga 

Still bags of time to change minds and become a decent player for us but I didn't see anything that he contributed on loan which prompted us to spend precious funds on.

We've spent money on you, make that place up front yours, own it. Put yourself about. But no.

4 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Still bags of time to change minds and become a decent player for us but I didn't see anything that he contributed on loan which prompted us to spend precious funds on.

We've spent money on you, make that place up front yours, own it. Put yourself about. But no.

My thoughts

Apart from bristol his loan period wasn’t anything special 

• Site Supporter

Do some of these youngsters want a career in the game?

Dan has talent, but, like so many others, doesn't seem to want to work hard and earn it. Put yourself about, and make your presence felt.

Sometimes wonder what our own young players must think, when they see such ineffective displays.

The fretting about selling Charles is magnified by us having 5 strikers on the books but, up to now, only one combination of them (him and Vic), that looks like regularly delivering goals. 

Nlundulu and Jerome were two absolute head scratchers as signings, would have stuck with the three we had (Dion, Vic, JDB) and dipped into loan market for another 

7 hours ago, Rizlar said:

If I was a manager of any team in league 1 I will see what happened yesterday and use the same tactics because we have no answer to those tactics and neither does our coaching staff . 
I agree with comments about Morley drop him and send him out on loan and bring somebody in who as some bottle. 

In one. Weak as fuck, turning his back on challenges! God forbid!

1 hour ago, captainmed said:

Victor was woeful too yesterday which is a concern less than 4 days after a hat-trick.

Agree with Jerome & Nlund - both awful players/signings.

Aside from that yesterday reminded me of Black Sunday. No appetite, work-rate, challenges or bookings etc…..

Vic is really showing that we should have no expectations of him being a target man - which is the obvious initial thought when you look at him.

He’s a finisher, he makes cracking runs and finds space in the box, he’ll get on the end of plenty of crosses. I reckon he’ll score loads for us this season but if we’re expecting him to come short and link play up, or launch balls up to him and expect him to hold it up then we’ll be disappointed.

In hindsight, and understanding a bit more why Charles is the one or the two who comes to feet most often (even though he isn’t brilliant at it), I think putting Mendes Gomes up with him, who would naturally drop deeper, would be the better combination than Dan. Not that I think it would have changed anything yesterday as the rest of the team was a joke, but it’s coming a bit clearer for me that’s he’s not what you expect.

4 hours ago, captainmed said:

Victor was woeful too yesterday which is a concern less than 4 days after a hat-trick.

That's one of most concerning things for me. I wasn't there that Tuesday night to see his general play or how he got the hat trick (or the disallowed fourth, when was last time a bwfc player scored 4 by the way?)

But there was absolutely no evidence to me that this man who has had a difficult start with us that has then scored a few to start the season including a treble, has suddenly realised he's got something and can lead a line.

He's fucking massive. Yet plays like a midget. He should be bullying his man.

11 hours ago, Marc505 said:

That's one of most concerning things for me. I wasn't there that Tuesday night to see his general play or how he got the hat trick (or the disallowed fourth, when was last time a bwfc player scored 4 by the way?)

But there was absolutely no evidence to me that this man who has had a difficult start with us that has then scored a few to start the season including a treble, has suddenly realised he's got something and can lead a line.

He's fucking massive. Yet plays like a midget. He should be bullying his man.

The shittest of shit fans. 

7 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Fully expecting a win how it comes not arsed, even though the majority was shit against Wigan I hope IE doesn’t make wholesale changes

Aye its not the time for knee jerk reactions.

We will easy have enough to be in the play offs and another relatively successful season. 

We just need to step the fuck up in the big games to make that extra push.