Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wigan (H)

desperado

• Members
20 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Not a derby to “some” of their fans Sid but not the majority I assure you. I take it that you’ve been looking at Wanderers Ways which is arguably the biggest Wanderers fan site but run by a small group of ultras who aren’t in any way representative of most Wanderers fans. I’m 71 and have been a trotters fan for over 60 years and I definitely consider Wigan a serious club and derby rival. What you’ve done over a relatively small period of time in football terms has been exceptional, PL, FA Cup, Europe, how can you not be a serious club so ignore the tinpot jibes and just see it as envy from very much a minority. I’m not trying to patronise here because I want and hope that Wanderers win convincingly on Saturday but I just want you to know that not all Wanderers fans consider you any less than our other local rivalries with Rovers and North End. I’m proud of my club, you’re proud of yours and that’s exactly how it should be.

I don't like to speak of elderly folk with such disrespect,  but he's a fucking 71 yr old skid-mark.

Edited by DazBob

Don't like this game. Feels like the pitfall of losing is greater than joys of winning.

That being said, I hope we absolutely terrorise them. Dion out is a big miss. Nlundulu, Gomes, Jerome can't replace what he brings to the team.

I'd be going Morley & Dempsey with either Sheehan, or Maghoma in midfield

I like Thomason, but don't think it's a game for him to start in. We need someone who can play in tight areas and be smart

Obviously nervous, but aren't these the games you wish for? We're top of the league, playing football we could've dreamed of a few years ago. Everything going well at the club in the right direction, no problems or issues, near sell out against our local rivals. This is why we follow football! 

Edited by Lostock Whites

I think some are underrating their back line. Charlie Hughes is an excellent ball-playing centre half and the lad Morrison on loan from Bayern looks decent.

Not buying their hype over this Tickle kid in goal though. He was all over the shop when dealing with crosses against Wrexham, and palmed a couple of routine saves out to the opposition.

Saw him rushing out again vs. Carlisle during the week and got nowhere near the ball. Watch him play a blinder now of course.