Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pompey (A)

matty2094

1 minute ago, Bertie said:

Deserved nothing got nothing.  They’re a good team but did their homework on us.

Agree stifled us and again IE didn’t get us to change our approach . Plenty of games left we can give them a dam good thrashing when we play them at home. 

We created all our problems tonight pissing about with it at the back, Needed Vic on at half time and much more direct approach to mix it up. It’s so frustrating the amount of times we make one or two passes at the back and lose it everytime. Really poor frustrating performance!

2 minutes ago, wiggy said:

Very similar to Barnsley away in the play-offs. They did the same job on us.

Yep

Good enough to stop us playing the way we like to play, big occasion, crowd and opposition bang up for it and we're found wanting

It doesn't have to be the end of the world if we can earn enough points from the rest (and we might) but we've still not found an answer to the above

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Then we can expect more results like this

A pissed off post if ever I saw one! 🤣

We're all frustrated, but evidence has suggested recently, that we can dominate with our style and score goals.

I doubt many more will perform like Portsmouth. 

As above, I think there is still room for tactical improvement by IE, and maybe on the odd occasion, be prepared for a horses for courses type approach.

I felt they might stop our midfield from its usual game, and it proved to be the case, and I do believe that there is a stubborn streak whereby he wants to show his way is the best.

He is still learning though, and the team is developing at the same time.

I'm jot going to get unduly angry about it though- previously I've said I didn't think we had the squad for automatic promotion, but now I think we may have. Are Portsmouth better- possibly but second will do.