Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cheltenham (H)

Big E

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

Bollocks! You do CPR until you're too tired to carry on. There is no legality involved. 

Here's the thing though,  run across the pitch without the benefit of studded shoes,  slip and need treatment yourself or walk calmly,  knowing you'll get there. 

Correct, the stewards are not allowed to run on the pitch .

1 hour ago, Big E said:

Folk love trying to be the first to post it. This and the whole faux grief are ridiculous in the modern society 

Set of fecking bastards  the lot of them do they not realise he as family who are going through hell at the moment ! 

• Members
5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

It's perhaps not the best worded headline, but as I said above, the article is fine and is essentially the same as every other paper.

It's deliberately worded to deride the decision to abandon the match

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Maybe. Certainly low grade and a bit disrespectful. 

In which case they'd be better having a separate article to discuss this. Over the years, similar incidents have occurred, but games have carried on.

For me, after such a long break yesterday, and no doubt with the feelings of the players, I think the right decision was made.

That said, it doesn't always happen, so there is perhaps the need for the fa etc to have a look at the subject.

I won't be getting overly exercised by the headline though. If they are wanting a reaction, then don't give them one.

• Members
1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

In which case they'd be better having a separate article to discuss this. Over the years, similar incidents have occurred, but games have carried on.

For me, after such a long break yesterday, and no doubt with the feelings of the players, I think the right decision was made.

That said, it doesn't always happen, so there is perhaps the need for the fa etc to have a look at the subject.

I won't be getting overly exercised by the headline though. If they are wanting a reaction, then don't give them one.

Me neither

But let's not pretend the wording is an innocent mistake

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

It was the right thing to do. 

The headline is terrible and completely disrespectful to the family of those involved and anyone round him that witnessed it.

Really not sure how or why you'd want to downplay it.

The Sun do have form you know. Leopards and spots and all that.

Edited by gonzo

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, gonzo said:

It was the right thing to do. 

The headline is terrible and completely disrespectful to the family of those involved and anyone round him that witnessed it.

Really not sure how or why you'd want to downplay it.

The Sun do have form you know. Leopards and spots and all that.

I'm not downplaying it- I've said it is disrespectful- I'm just not going to give them the satisfaction of reacting to it, if the intention is to get a rise.

All a bit twatter-ish, so leave them to it.

34 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Actually it’s deliberately worded to sell this shite rag over the other shite rags that dwell at the bottom of this pool. The headline writer and the journalist are, invariably, different people. 
The Sun is a disgraceful rag. I wouldn’t wipe my arse on it. 

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Zulu said:

Actually it’s deliberately worded to sell this shite rag over the other shite rags that dwell at the bottom of this pool. The headline writer and the journalist are, invariably, different people. 

It was a headline inside and anyone buying it couldn't see it initially, so they must buy it in the full knowledge of what the paper is, and what may be inside.

As you say attracted to whatever it offers.

Vast majority of its readership will be wedded to it. Not sure that will ever change.

Others understandably, won't go near it.

I don't understand what drives individuals in the media to behave in such a way, it's certainly not for me, and not something that is worth getting irate over.

Sometimes customers give me their old papers for composting and starting the wood burner. Don't care which it is- probably the best use for a rag! :)

32 minutes ago, Zulu said:

This.

• Site Supporter
52 minutes ago, Zulu said:

100%

• Members
54 minutes ago, Zulu said:

Well yes, one is in service of the other

• Moderators

odd that the tabloid headine is twatty whilst the online headline is on point:

FAN HORROR EFL clash ABANDONED due to medical emergency in crowd as fan is rushed to hospital