Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Blackpool (A)

Duck Egg

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

He is clearly trying to play the ball, and indeed gets it.

However he also comes through him, so probably a pen. Not a sending off though.

It looks to me like he knocks the Blackpool player's foot onto it

It's far from clear from what I can see anyway

1 minute ago, Arrested development said:

Referee has been a twat clearly, but look at the last 5 games, the type of goals we are conceding , it's poor goals and a lot of them too. 

It can't be helping that our back line's had so many changes

Edited by Lt. Aldo Raine

Just now, Arrested development said:

Referee has been a twat clearly, but look at the last 5 games, the type of goals we are conceding , it's poor goals and a lot of them too. 

Aye sadly we are not defending well. 

Ref needs investigating.  IE needs to address how leaky we are whilst players are missing & adapt to the players he has availabe. The amount of goals & chances being shipped out the past few weeks is suicidal

• Site Supporter

Ref was a fucking disgrace. We were never going to get anything with that cunt in charge. We're no worse off than we were this morning position-wise. Put it to bed and on to the next one.

Everything that you could predict to go wrong did. Performance level overall poor, missed chances, dreadful defending and a sending off. 

too many of the “write this off and go again” Saturdays happening. Yes we’ve been unbeaten for a run of games but those results have papered over a number of things. On the whole we’ve been very poor for weeks 

Just now, barrycowdrill said:

Everything that you could predict to go wrong did. Performance level overall poor, missed chances, dreadful defending and a sending off. 

too many of the “write this off and go again” Saturdays happening. Yes we’ve been unbeaten for a run of games but those results have papered over a number of things. On the whole we’ve been very poor for weeks 

For me it’s all pointing towards play offs 

12 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

One of those days.

Wonder what IE will have to say about the ref?

It must be hard to know how to word it without 1. appearing to be a whingey excuse-maker 2. saying something that gets you in trouble and makes you and the club even more disliked.

But saying nothing would be almost giving licence to such biased refereeing.

• Site Supporter

There's 13 games to go, and we haven't conceded any ground today. We're going to lose some, and so are our rivals. Suck it up, and crack on.

Edited by Cheese

15 minutes ago, mikepearson said:

"Where a player commits an offence against an opponent within their own penalty area which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and the referee awards a penalty kick, the offender is cautioned if the offence was an attempt to play the ball; in all other circumstances (e.g. holding, pulling, pushing, no possibility to play the ball etc.) the offending player must be sent off."

Surely by the rules above the ref believes Rico made no attempt for the ball, looking at the attempt I can't see how anyone would think that.

I agree. 

Looked a genuine attempt to me to win the ball, shouldn't have been a red.

We're often poor in these types of games. There has been an improvement on last season in many areas. But ultimately we're still off the pace in the big games and it's just reminscent of the play off performances against Barnsley. 

Table still looks positive after today, so we're fortunate with that. But if we don't step it up then we won't make the automatics and I wouldn't be too confident in the playoffs either. 

That's not me being negative, we've put some top performances in this season and we're third in the league. Just looking at what we need to push on from here and can't see it just yet.

Plenty time though and some huge games ahead. Need to go for the win against Wigan.