Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wycombe (H)

globaldiver

1 hour ago, Lostock Whites said:

I know there's so much riding on every game, but just taking a quick scroll on social media this morning and already there's so much negativity and can feel the anxiety from fans replying to BWFC posts, slagging off Coleman.

He's a Bolton lad and has barely put a foot wrong. Let's get behind him and the entire team. If the fans start getting a bit nervy from the 1st whistle it will only make it worse.

COYWM.

Absolutely Lostock 100% agree. In fact I’m not sure what he did wrong on Saturday he looked fine once he’d settle in a bit and made some cracking saves, including the one that he diverted onto the post which they scored from thanks to the iffy defence he was forced into being behind. We’re going to need him now with Baxter out so let’s get behind him and all the players because they need us to.

next 3 games are big and we need 3 wins, especially with one being a game in hand, will put us right up there.

start with a win tonight, can't recall them being that good in the reverse fixture so *hopefully* wont be too difficult tonight and if we're chasing top spot we win these games 

3-1 whites

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I was gutted when Mark Howard got injured and we had to use Ben Alnwick - that turned out alright. Coleman will certainly be up to L1 standard

im not a gerritoofed mon, but i suspect we well spend less time playing out with coleman so every chance baxter is getting it in the neck by bedtime

Nothing Coleman did cost us points at Northampton, his willingness to distribute quickly actually got us on the front foot at times.

He is ok for this level from what we saw Saturday, not sure if he is physical enough if teams lump into the middle. 

Coleman

JDC Jones Toal Iredale Ashworth

Maghoma Sheehan Dempsey

Collins Charles

That’d be my team tonight. Get as many of the regular lads in that back line who are used to playing with each other and hopefully give Coleman more confidence in his defensive line rather than wondering what the fuck they’re going to do next.

Rest of the team looks spot on

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

Coleman

Maghoma Sheehan Dempsey

Collins Charles

That’d be my team tonight. Get as many of the regular lads in that back line who are used to playing with each other and hopefully give Coleman more confidence in his defensive line rather than wondering what the fuck they’re going to do next.

Not sure why JDC been missing but happy if Gethin is RWB with the lanky West Brom lad in middle. 

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Coleman

Maghoma Sheehan Dempsey

Collins Charles

That’s as good as we could put out

11 minutes ago, Ani said:

Not sure why JDC been missing but happy if Gethin is RWB with the lanky West Brom lad in middle. 

Evatt said JDC just needed a break, no injury. Hopefully that means he’s back and rested for tonight.

Nothing against Taylor, I thought that first half v Barnsley especially he showed he’s got something in him and will be / is a decent player. I just think with not having Baxter we could really do with experienced heads who are used to playing with each other right across the back line.

50 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Coleman

Maghoma Sheehan Dempsey

Collins Charles

I agree that's best team we have, however I would also drop Charles for Bod, I know it won't happen but we'd go from having dumb and dumber up front to two lads who know what's going on around them. Bring Charles on with 20 mins to go rather than other way around.

11 minutes ago, JimmyRiddle said:

I agree that's best team we have, however I would also drop Charles for Bod, I know it won't happen but we'd go from having dumb and dumber up front to two lads who know what's going on around them. Bring Charles on with 20 mins to go rather than other way around.

Think Charles could do with a break, been off form and not hitting the target, however that won't happen.

1 hour ago, mattbwfc19 said:

Think Charles could do with a break, been off form and not hitting the target, however that won't happen.

Can you imagine the uproar if Charles got rested instead of Vic? 

I fully agree with you, btw.

Dions certainly off firm has been since his Portsmouth miss but I’m sure he just needs a goal to spark him back to life which I don’t think he’ll get next to Victor so I wouldn’t not drop him just change his partner because to be honest there’s no partnership between Dion and Vic anyway.

• Site Supporter

For me, this is an "who kisses Betty game". We blow this and Pompey win. Play off bound...

Not being negative, just think we somehow seem to be throwing it away through bad luck, bad decisions by players, and not having the guile that "champions" seem to have.

Hope they prove me wrong.

Still Evatt in as him and Sharon are doing magnificent, and yes, I've already renewed for next season.

4 minutes ago, auckland_bwfc said:

Expecting some fireworks tonight. 

3-1 wanderers 

Bod and Collins to start in dramatic shake up

Back to basics for me, fast out of the blocks, play the two new wingbacks in from the start and have ago. If it doesn’t work we can always change it at halftime,