Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Reading (H)

Bertie

7 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Come out 100mph, get the crowd behind you and let’s build some positivity COYWM

This.  Pretty amazing support today when you think about it, even with the reduced prices.  Evatt should be shouting about how this can/will help the team, not be fearful/protective that it won’t.  Symptomatic of an overall shift in the last couple of months from us being assertively on the front foot to being timidly on the back. All I can think it’s the pressure of the injuries which has played on his mind given the club/fan expectations. Prob too late now for automatics, but in his actions and words he needs to make sure we come out fighting….in every game that’s left, so we can rebuild momentum. 

1 hour ago, Lostock Whites said:

Anyway the positive side of things, club released remaining blocks of the south stand and are already being snapped up.

Will be the most amount of Wanderers supporters in the stadium since probably the peak Premier League days.

Players will be attacking both goals with Wanderers supporters behind them. Let's have it.

COYWM

Wow.  Not many left at all.  Should be 25k I reckon.  Superb - coywm - don’t let us down today.  Adding the 800 Reading haven’t sold should give a good indication today of the actual number of mysterious seats we never seem to release/sell.  About 2k?

2 hours ago, only1swanny said:

he's 34 and he's scored 3 goals since joining which is the same as Collins? And then got injured and sidelined for 3 weeks.. 

Aye, so surely Derby are the ones who have something to be crying about? 

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, only1swanny said:

"we are going into these games armed like we have a water pistol rather than a full Armada", is what he should have said 

“We’ll piss it, Armada or not “ is what he should have said.

And then go on to piss it.

8 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Forrester must be pissed off 

I would be. As should Ashworth be. Jones' injury must be more significant then expected too.

I like Iredale, but Forrester is, or should be, the future.

I always understood continuity in defence was a strength. 

Surprised so few changes after just playing on Friday, would have thought more energy would have been wanted.

And Dempsey should be getting some games, seems to have been relegated below the other 3 when I think he's same level to alternate with them.