Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bristol Rovers (A)

burnden

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

Am I right in saying that the last time we got promoted from League 1, we had Peterborough on the last game of the season?

👀

Yes - and Port Vale in game 45. Opposite way around though. Vale was away, posh home

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

Thought it was his hip? Pretty sure he landed heavy on it.

Not 100% but hopefully it’s just an impact injury rather than muscle.

It's just what I read in a Bolton News article .

Screenshot_20240407-141941_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by dusan nikolic

4 hours ago, Rizlar said:

See Portsmouth got there usual penalty again.

Well they should have had one v Derby in about 90th minute and it wasn't given, and yesterday's was "soft" (I haven't seen it personally) - and they say these things even themselves out over the season.  So that's nice for Pompey, glad its evened itself out.  Its probably cost us promotion and sent Derby up, but not to worry, give and take.

1 minute ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Well they should have had one v Derby in about 90th minute and it wasn't given, and yesterday's was "soft" (I haven't seen it personally) - and they say these things even themselves out over the season.  So that's nice for Pompey, glad its evened itself out.  Its probably cost us promotion and sent Derby up, but not to worry, give and take.

Plus Derby penalty against Reading was a complete rip off; he charged into the goalie and should have been given a yellow card 

2 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Yes - and Port Vale in game 45. Opposite way around though. Vale was away, posh home

And when we went up in 93 from the same division, it was Port Vale penultimate game, also at home.

And it might be a tenuous link but another team starting with P in last game (PNE) 

5 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Plus Derby penalty against Reading was a complete rip off; he charged into the goalie and should have been given a yellow card 

Of all the appalling decisions I've seen this season in L1, that has to be the worst.  As you say not only was it not a penalty, the "victim" should have got a yellow.  This was after Reading had a very soft sending off for 2 debatable yellows.   

19 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

He actually knocked the ball past keeper with his hand too ! 

20 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

And when we went up in 93 from the same division, it was Port Vale penultimate game, also at home.

And it might be a tenuous link but another team starting with P in last game (PNE) 

Apologies, talking bollocks.  It was Stoke not Vale, scrub that 😀

• The topic was unpinned
51 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

48 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

And we beat Derby after their keeper was sent off for habdball, despite it hitting him in the chest.