Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Posh

Dr Faustus

If you're in Derby's shoes (and of a nervous/pessimistic nature), you'd now be thinking that there's every chance Posh Peterborough United can lose by 3 to us on Saturday.  Maybe they are just 5% more worried than they would have been, that they really can't afford to go a goal down on Saturday because its no longer as far fetched that we get the result we need, if Posh are only concerned with avoiding injuries.

Yeah, I'm not sure why Posh would have any motivation to put a performance in

I know it could be a good warm up if they also end up playing us in the play-offs, but they've forfeited third place tonight so they might as well stick with their plan and continue to rest players

Just now, W.cramp said:

If  the unthinkable happenned and there was a 3 goal shift then how does it work then ?    

We need to win, Derby to lose and a 4 goal swing, any which way. If we only win 1-0 but Carlisle turn Derby over 3-0 then we go up. Just needs to be 4 goals as we’ve got higher goals scored which is the next measure.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Wanderlust said:

Great game tonight. Posh's squad players have a decent pedigree, but the Robins tore into them and could have won by 5.

Come on Carlisle!

How many half and half scarves do you have?

2 minutes ago, victor meldrew said:

Any moon men thinking Carlisle will win can buy my playoff final ticket 

Nobody does but I'd like to think Derby fans will have a few sleepless nights, not helped by knowing Peterboro have given up.

7 minutes ago, Hoppy said:

We don't want posh putting out a reserve side against a strong Bolton side and winning that could be really demotivating 

There's no logic in putting out a weak side tonight, then risking injuries when you're guaranteed 4th place. 

They have just lost to a relegation threatened team. Have a go first half then see what the derby score is at HT, just act accordingly. 

Edited by Arrested development

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Hoppy said:

We don't want posh putting out a reserve side against a strong Bolton side and winning that could be really demotivating 

Did you see the game tonight? 

There’s more chance of Carlisle beating Derby than there is of that Posh team beating us.

1 minute ago, desperado said:

Did you see the game tonight? 

There’s more chance of Carlisle beating Derby than there is of that Posh team beating us.

No watched Arsenal v Chelsea 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Big E said:

Can’t wait for Saturday to be over so we don’t have to listen to any more deluded cunts thinking we will finish 2nd. It’s embarrassing 

Bit harsh mate. Don’t think anyone is. See my earlier posts which explain what I imagine is most people’s opinion on here who are having a bit of banter exclaiming a faux type of excitement. It’s a bit of fun for crying out loud, don’t have to come on here calling us cunts! 🤣

A 100/1 shot which is worth at least cheering on, even though you know how unlikely it is to happen. 

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Big E said:

Can’t wait for Saturday to be over so we don’t have to listen to any more deluded cunts thinking we will finish 2nd. It’s embarrassing 

Nobody genuinely believes we're finishing 2nd. But then nobody believed Sheffield Wednesday would turn around a 0-4 last season...