Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Recent Filums I've Watched

Smiley

• Site Supporter

Alec Baldwin has shot one of the staff dead on a movie set by accident with a prop gun.

I thought blanks were blanks?

The film, in a withering stroke of irony, is about someone on trial for an accidental shooting.

42 minutes ago, Spider said:

Alec Baldwin has shot one of the staff dead on a movie set by accident with a prop gun.

I thought blanks were blanks?

The film, in a withering stroke of irony, is about someone on trial for an accidental shooting.

Prop guns are decommissioned 'real' ones, cos they look more authentic. Wouldn't like to be in the shoes of the person responsible for that decommissioning 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

Prop guns are decommissioned 'real' ones, cos they look more authentic. Wouldn't like to be in the shoes of the person responsible for that decommissioning 

But blanks…

I get that a point-blank to the head may smart a little but it’s supposed to be all bang and no projectile.

Iirc the Brandon Lee incident, the spent cartridge from the last blank fired was still in the chamber.

They reloaded fresh charges in the magazine and the force needed to provide the 'bang' and muzzle flash propelled the spent cartridge out at a velocity similar to a bullet, being relatively close it acted like one and killed him.

Not dissimilar to an old flintlock pistol/gun/rifle - where the gunpowder charge propelled the inert steel ball.

• Members
12 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

Sandra Bullock aside it looks decent. She hasn't done anything worth watching since she played Lenina Huxley 

Guilty pleasure of mine demolition man. I know it’s shite but I love it 

I listen to a decent podcast where a group of mates come up with ideas for sequels to films, some work (Shaun Of The Dead and Last Action Hero sequel ideas were great) and some not so much.

They had an idea for "Demolition Men" though and it sort of worked.  Bullock has never looked as good before or since as she did in that film. Looks like there's a new shepherd in town!