Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

You Tube Bolton Stuff

superjohnmcginlay

94/95 league cup quarter finals , Liverpool Arsenal , Palace City, Bolton Norwich from approx 45 mins .

Also notable for a fair few future Wanderers and Steve Lomas turning purple with a swallowed tongue .

On 31/12/2023 at 07:14, jayjayoghani said:

Speaking of awful decisions 

Screenshot_20231231_071256_Chrome.jpg

Felgate was my first hero. Lucky enough to be u19s keeper when he was 1st choice at RMI- he's watched my lad a few times in his role at Liverpool; proper melt though when I see him. Mark Came's grandson is the other keeper, so he bobs about

Watched this game live in a pub in High Wycombe , got a load of shit of some carpenter fuckers sat behind me , ended up lobbing a pint glass at them and being dragged out cos I was a sulky bastard ( still am ) . Kept getting told to calm down by a swedish junior sprint champion . Cynthia something.

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, Krimzon said:

Watched this game live in a pub in High Wycombe , got a load of shit of some carpenter fuckers sat behind me , ended up lobbing a pint glass at them and being dragged out cos I was a sulky bastard ( still am ) . Kept getting told to calm down by a swedish junior sprint champion . Cynthia something.

Derby knew how to ping it about back then 

That day at least anyway

Me and a Chelsea fan were in the Bolton end for this game . Nearly got beat up by Chelsea fans in one of their pubs because we didnt beat them . So Surreal. Still cant watch it back . 

On 31/12/2023 at 12:21, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Wasn't handball by the looks of it neither. 

Anyway, is there any footage of our more successful visit around that time when we won (3 or 4 nowt)?

Despite Dave Higson saying it was for handball it must've been given for the tug back on their striker.

Whilst it was a bad call on the offside in that game, we benefited from a poor call at home against Palace.

On 09/01/2024 at 02:46, Krimzon said:

Me and a Chelsea fan were in the Bolton end for this game . Nearly got beat up by Chelsea fans in one of their pubs because we didnt beat them . So Surreal. Still cant watch it back . 

I was there & i'm not watching that again.

Alongside Black Sunday & Stoke at Wembley, the 3 most spineless Bolton performances I've seen. (the relegation at Stoke was another contender )

On 07/01/2024 at 17:57, Krimzon said:

94/95 league cup quarter finals , Liverpool Arsenal , Palace City, Bolton Norwich from approx 45 mins .

Also notable for a fair few future Wanderers and Steve Lomas turning purple with a swallowed tongue .

Absolutely tremendous memories, thanks for posting.  The quality on show was breathtaking, I sort of expect to be underwhelmed by older clips as we are told the pace today is so much faster.  Not if you watch that, the likes of Lee, Stubbs, Sneekes, Tomo, I could go on, would fit effortlessly into top level football now.  And Branagan's save at the death, fantastic!  What a keeper.  And the atmosphere was spine tingling at times, I remember the excitement everyone felt going to that game,I bet it will never be replicated for a league cup quarter final (anywhere).

On 11/01/2024 at 17:02, bolton va va said:

I was there & i'm not watching that again.

Alongside Black Sunday & Stoke at Wembley, the 3 most spineless Bolton performances I've seen. (the relegation at Stoke was another contender )

Agree with all those, don't forget Watford at Wembley too, given that we had a better team.  A few others over the years (probably a separate thread at some point!).

On 31/12/2023 at 12:21, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Wasn't handball by the looks of it neither. 

Anyway, is there any footage of our more successful visit around that time when we won (3 or 4 nowt)?

Think the pen was for the pull-back by Burke just before. 

On 08/01/2024 at 23:36, Krimzon said:

Uriah Rennie what a brilliant ref