Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Top 10 Cities In The World

9 hours ago, embankment said:

London - 2days max

Berlin -  loads to do

Amsterdam- people watching 

Paris - was brilliant,  loads to see . 

Florence- architecture 

Cairo - way to dodgy now a-days , was worth going for the museum and pyramids. 

Bucket list - Barcelona for the cathedral. 

Add Chicago for the pizzas... went in a bar and we ordered four large pizzas and they arrived the size of dustbin lids, the bastards tried to charge us for all of them, then my mate kicked off... I had to calm him down as I was worried about Mafia and guns. Great city though for the architecture alone.

Don't get me started about the redneck bar in Atlanta...

11 minutes ago, Dimron said:

Add Chicago for the pizzas... went in a bar and we ordered four large pizzas and they arrived the size of dustbin lids, the bastards tried to charge us for all of them, 

They tried to charge you for what you ordered? Twats! 

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

They tried to charge you for what you ordered? Twats! 

Was thinking the same. Unless you were the first customers that day then surely a look around to gauge the number of pizzas required would be a great idea. The Americans are known to enjoy over-sized portions of everything.

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

Was thinking the same. Unless you were the first customers that day then surely a look around to gauge the number of pizzas required would be a great idea. The Americans are known to enjoy over-sized portions of everything.

i was with one of our contracts managers who was famous for his temper.

"You could see there are only four of us, why didn't you tell us? You lot think we've just got off a banana boat, you just want to rip us off as soft tourists... " and so on.

This man carried a picture in his wallet of two soldiers he shot when on sentry duty in the Korean war... a real Jeckyl & Hyde, relaxed by breeding show rabbits and lovebirds but when he kicked off he went for it big time, i had to step in to break up fights with the men many times. I believe he is still around in retirement breeding goats.

• Members

Loved Amsterdam. Red light district was a eye opener as a 18 year old college student. 

Edinburgh was lovely except i went with a hen party in March time (fucking freezing) and the boring bastards didn't appreciate the narcotics my mate brought along for us to make it a bit more fun. Deffo go back as a couple though (that's if someone is daft enough put up with me) 

Guest Nordkurve

Love Chicago, it's an amazing City. Munich mentioned a lot on here, it's my local City now. Düsseldorf is better if you are on the lash as everything's closer together. Köln for Fasching, absolutely mental. Vegas was pretty good, I suppose getting married there helped. Lisbon is decent as well.

4 hours ago, Dimron said:

Add Chicago for the pizzas... went in a bar and we ordered four large pizzas and they arrived the size of dustbin lids, the bastards tried to charge us for all of them, then my mate kicked off... I had to calm him down as I was worried about Mafia and guns. Great city though for the architecture alone.

Don't get me started about the redneck bar in Atlanta...

Went to Chicago a few years ago, as soon as we arrived because we were starving we went to the nearest pizza place, that was Gino's East.....apparently it's quite famous. Anyway, the waitress comes over asks what we want, and I ordered 2 medium pizzas, she said in no uncertain terms that would be far too much for us, and recommended that we just order 2 small "pies"  -  I'm glad we took her advise, as they were more than big enough.

The pizzas in Chicago are just fucking weird, odd deep dish things, not like you generally get here (or indeed anywhere else I've ever been)

I much preferred Chicago to NY, for what it's worth 

• Moderators

favourite in the UK would be Edinburgh

in Europe, is Lisbon

in the states, New York with a shout out for Nashville

whilst Tokyo is probably the best of the lot for me

also liked Hoi An (old town) and Hanoi in Vietnam

I didn't expect much from Barcelona but ended up really liking the place

1 hour ago, Zico said:

favourite in the UK would be Edinburgh

in Europe, is Lisbon

in the states, New York with a shout out for Nashville

whilst Tokyo is probably the best of the lot for me

also liked Hoi An (old town) and Hanoi in Vietnam

I didn't expect much from Barcelona but ended up really liking the place

Go to Edinburgh a lot and I'm always underwhelmed.

Not for me.

18 minutes ago, tyldesley_white said:

its great but bloody cold

Fuck me is it, we went one year, it was about -5C, but with windchill it was about -15C, I've never been so cold in my life (apart from Grimsby away one Boxing Day I think it was)

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Go to Edinburgh a lot and I'm always underwhelmed.

Not for me.

There's a castle on a hill like something from LOTR right in the middle 

Not sure what else you want really