Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Lofthouse Statue

EyesRight

I think some people think Nat was some sort of man mountain - he wasn't.There are some photo's up on the wall at Burnden Asda that show his( fairly slight for a striker) physique.It also shows that Bill Riddings head was twice the size of Nats.

And I thought Brian Clough was the original old big head.Joking apart never been in the Asda at Burnden I might nip in to see these photos.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

And I thought Brian Clough was the original old big head.Joking apart never been in the Asda at Burnden I might nip in to see these photos.

Giant photos up on the walls behind the tills - "100 years of Bolton Wanderers history"

Not bad as bit happens,and i usually get a bit of something in my eye whenever i have time to have a proper look.

Giant photos up on the walls behind the tills - "100 years of Bolton Wanderers history"

Not bad as bit happens,and i usually get a bit of something in my eye whenever i have time to have a proper look.

Same here Bogs. It's the ASDA i use the most and, without fail,  I always look at them pictures. Japs eye.

It is short of a plaque marking the centre circle in the car park.

When Ayresome Park was demolished and a housing estate built on the site, the developers commissioned sculptures of jumpers where the goalposts used to stand and a football where the centre circle used to be.

4535772110_919ce131c2.jpg

When Ayresome Park was demolished and a housing estate built on the site, the developers commissioned sculptures of jumpers where the goalposts used to stand and a football where the centre circle used to be.

4535772110_919ce131c2.jpg

How many notrights will have attempted to kick that ball?

never seen this one before

tom finney statue

Water_Sculptures_Water_feature_Tom_Finne

Great statue that and something a bit different.

Although it has a lot of problems with vandalism with people pouring washing up liquid in it, which knackers its pump. Who would do that sort of thing to a statue/fountain....

• Site Supporter

Great statue that and something a bit different.

Although it has a lot of problems with vandalism with people pouring washing up liquid in it, which knackers its pump. Who would do that sort of thing to a statue/fountain....

When will we next play PNE? :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

The total cost of the project was £100,000 with Bolton residents raising £35,000

£100K for that? - I wonder how much Jazzas_Bird's brothers will get for it when they chop it down and go weigh it in down the scrap yard

Bit naff tbh.

I think most football statues are a bit shit really, I can't think of any off the top of my head that are decent, expect maybe the Bobby Moore one outside Wembley.

Isn't the Everton one of Dixie Dean a bit shit as well?