Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton 0 Qpr 1

anewman

It's a lost cause. Basically even if we got promoted with this team people have already made there mind up about knight.

It's got to the stage now where even if I do think he's good enough it's probably better he didn't play because I'm sick of bellends at matches screaming at him constantly when there's about 15 other things going wrong that have nothing to do with knight. Some players are immune from blame (lee). Some can't do anything right.

It's comparable to the megson scenario and I dread the moment there's a clear fault made by knight and its at home.

When he's ran out of town lets just hope the grass is greener

I think Dawson would be a great signing because I think he'd represent an improvement on what we currently have.

However, statistically, I tend to agree with Ratwhite.

In 16 games before Dawson, we kept 3 clean sheets and conceded one goal or less on 10 occasions.

In the 16 games with Dawson, we kept 5 clean sheets and conceded one goal or less on 13 occasions.

A marginal improvement that could equally be attributed to gradual improvement elsewhere in the team (better ball retention, better understanding of defensive roles further up the pitch, etc).

Our big problem at Forest was that we were looking to anonymous (Hall), ineffective (Chungy) and inadequate (Davies) players to pose a threat at the other end.

The rest of them don't offer very much at all going forward (Pratley to a certain extent, though he wasn't on the pitch for half a game).

It's a lost cause. Basically even if we got promoted with this team people have already made there mind up about knight.

It's got to the stage now where even if I do think he's good enough it's probably better he didn't play because I'm sick of bellends at matches screaming at him constantly when there's about 15 other things going wrong that have nothing to do with knight. Some players are immune from blame (lee). Some can't do anything right.

It's comparable to the megson scenario and I dread the moment there's a clear fault made by knight and its at home.

Already made our mind up? You make it sound like he's been here for a handful of games, yes I have my mind up seen as he's been here for 5 years for fuck sake.

I will also never scream at him at a game so that's bullshit, and lee is definitely not excused from criticism he's the 2nd shittest player in our team as I have said many times.

When he finally is gone then the grass can be no less greener, our defence can't get worse than it has been for the time he has spent here.

What's your excuse for the fact that he single handedly ruined our whole gameplan against forest? Set up to keep it tight until half time, knick one in the 2nd half... Oh shit 2 minutes in our captain has passed them the ball and everything we have done all week is out of the window! Did he bust his balls to get back and rectify his mistake? Did he fuck

Last four games (league - without Dawson)

2-2

1-1

1-1

0-3

Pervious four (with Dawson)

1-1

2-1

2-3

2-1

Conceding just as many

Difference is at the other end,

Trouble is all the games Dawson played he had the village idiot next to him didn't he?

Cant excuse any bellends have a pop at our own players at a match even if they are shit. Its just not going to help.

However I have made up my mind about Knight. Hes fucking shit, he cant defend to save his life, he often boots the ball into the stand and gives the opposition the ball back because his fucking giraffe legs have been tangled, everything he does is just a mess.

He is just pathetic in every sense. I cant think of one positive attribute that he has got for a footballer apart from being a cunt.

We have players who contribute less than Zat Knight.

CYL to name one - i'd get rid tomorrow. Can't tackle, can't go past a man, doesn't score & doesn't track back . The only attribute i see is that his ball retention is good but thats not enough.  

Anyway back to the thread we need a win and i can see us getting one.

2-1.

Edited by captainmed

Cant excuse any bellends have a pop at our own players at a match even if they are shit. Its just not going to help.

However I have made up my mind about Knight. Hes fucking shit, he cant defend to save his life, he often boots the ball into the stand and gives the opposition the ball back because his fucking giraffe legs have been tangled, everything he does is just a mess.

He is just pathetic in every sense. I cant think of one positive attribute that he has got for a footballer apart from being a cunt.

Perfect example that cheers. Booting the ball. How about one of our fucking players gave him some help. I'd rather it be in the stands than fucking about. If someone moved or dropped into space knight might not boot it. It's no different than baptistes 5 iron up the wing or lee turning round and passing to whoever is in centre mid marked by about 5 men.

We have players who contribute less than Zat Knight.

CYL to name one - i'd get rid tomorrow. Can't tackle, can't go past a man, doesn't score & doesn't track back . The only attribute i see is that his ball retention is good but thats not enough.  

Anyway back to the thread we need a win and i can see us getting one.

2-1.

I agree CYL is looking shot but he was good once. He does need to go or at least be dropped.

Zat Knight has been shit for the best part of 5 years.

Perfect example that cheers. Booting the ball. How about one of our fucking players gave him some help. I'd rather it be in the stands than fucking about. If someone moved or dropped into space knight might not boot it. It's no different than baptistes 5 iron up the wing or lee turning round and passing to whoever is in centre mid marked by about 5 men.

Gave him some help to what? Pass the ball 5 yards to another player who can actually control and pass a ball? He very often boots it under no pressure at all.

Its much different to Lee passing to a centre mid with 5 men around him as we still have the ball. Baptiste does knock it down the line but the difference is he usually does it when he has no other option and is under pressure.

• Site Supporter

Always on the team sheet under Coyle and Megson, Ex England international...

club captain

statements from Cahill and Dawson saying that they learnt from him.

clearly not shit, but there must be some issue... He needs someone next to him that he can rely on, Wheater isn't that player..

Always on the team sheet under Coyle and Megson, Ex England international...

club captain

statements from Cahill and Dawson saying that they learnt from him.

clearly not shit, but there must be some issue... He needs someone next to him that he can rely on, Wheater isn't that player..

As ive said before Knight is not shit but is prone to making massive errors which people focus on. He could play well for majority of the match then mess up in a costly way. But that said the unforced errors are a huge problem and he does need someone decent at his side to sort out his mess at times.

Given that Wheater has had a dodgy start, I think it's safe to say that Knight is seen as the best centre back at the club, especially seeing as he's the skipper. 

I'm just not convinced that Knight and Wheater are capable enough as a pairing, and I've never been convinced with them together, be it in the Prem or in this league. I rate them both highly enough in the Championship on form, but they're both  clumsy and both need a commanding partner next to them to perform to the best of their ability, of which neither are. If things don't improve in the next couple of matches, I'd be tempted to try Baptiste and centre half and perhaps stick Mears at right back. I hear Hayden White got torn a new arsehole at Chorley, but can't confirm as I wasn't there.

Anyway, 1-1. Eagles for us if he's fit. But we could really do with a win.

Aparrently Dougie has said in his press conference, that Eagles, Ngog, and Moritz won't be fit for the weekend.

Moritz not march fit, will feature v Tranmere.

Eagles and N'Gog are "touch and go", but they were apparently that last week so I'd be surprised if we saw them.

• Moderators

Ngog was 'ill' for last Saturday's match, we were told. So what the fook's the matter now, one week later ?

Such illnesses can be hard to shake off when the transfer window is left open, just ask Robbie Savage