Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tea

Spider

• Site Supporter

Yorkshire tea only in the WW household. I dont like the fact its from the dark side but it pisses all over any other regular tea. Only tried Lancashire tea once, it was from a quid shop which should have told me all I needed to know.

I drink loads of the stuff but not in the same league as the gonzo though, that said I still get them in 1.5kg bags from the cash and carry.

It has it's place

I just find the whole image is gayer and more pretentious than Liberace's ballbag

You don't see hordes of self important wankbiscuits wandering around city centres holding a cup of tea aloft like some kind of corporate sword do you? "Look at me, I've been to Starfucks so I must be, like, we'll important yeah".

No

Folk who drink tea get shit done. Folk who drink coffee want people to think they're getting stuff done.

Built an empire on tea, we did. All that went the day Nescafé turned up.

:D

Much better than I expected

I too as a gayer actually drink flavoured teas; cranberry, mint or raspberry for me

PG Tips for this cat.  Like Gonzo, I need 3 before I leave the house and have one of them on the way to work.  But as we've ran out, I am drinking coffee this morning and not minding it actually.  I rarely drink coffee.  Quite partial to a fruit tea but hate Earl Grey.

Edited by Big City Girl

In a former life I was well acquainted with a serving SAS officer who drank fruit tea like it was going out of fashion. You'd have regretted caling him soft.

George Orwell's famous essay on tea details no less than eleven rules for how the perfect cup should be made.

If you look up 'tea' in the first cookery book that comes to hand you will probably find that it is unmentioned; or at most you will find a few lines of sketchy instructions which give no ruling on several of the most important points. This is curious, not only because tea is one of the mainstays of civilization in this country, as well as in Eire, Australia and New Zealand, but because the best manner of making it is the subject of violent disputes. When I look through my own recipe for the perfect cup of tea, I find no fewer than eleven outstanding points.

• Members

Like Yorkshire Tea - just stocked up here as it was 30% off at Woolworths.

Also quite partial to an Earl Grey in the afternoon. Grown to like it because it winds yer average Ocker Aussie up no end - "Bleedin' poofter tea!" so it has to be a good thing. I take great delight in responding, in mock plum voice, "This is a tea for refined English gentlemen. I would not expect you to understand".

I went through a phase of supping fruity teas at work - I quite liked the honey/ginger/lemon and also raspberry/cranberry.  It was just a phase though and I'm now back on 'normal' tea generally.  I think it's Sainsburys home brand and it's decent enough.

Very very rarely drink tea or coffee at home.