Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Plane Down

Horwich

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Smiley said:

Was thinking all about plane crashes last night. Not heard of many recently. On my first flight in ages this Wednesday. In a sick kind of way, always feel the odds are better if there's been one in the days leading up to it.

Always seem to come in threes for me. Often a smaller incident within that, so looking at Leicester that's one left.

• 2 years later...

It was a 737-500 "Classic" which is a very strong and no nonsense airliner, I think BA still have a few in their fleet.

Most UK 73's are the more modern 800 "New Generation" except Jet 2 who I think fly the 300 & 400 Classics.

I don't trust the Max series at all, it's enlarged engines causes the nose to pitch up under power and Boeing tried a software fix on a non fly by wire aeroplane without telling the pilots. We know what the consequences were.

3 hours ago, Dimron said:

It was a 737-500 "Classic" which is a very strong and no nonsense airliner, I think BA still have a few in their fleet.

Most UK 73's are the more modern 800 "New Generation" except Jet 2 who I think fly the 300 & 400 Classics.

I don't trust the Max series at all, it's enlarged engines causes the nose to pitch up under power and Boeing tried a software fix on a non fly by wire aeroplane without telling the pilots. We know what the consequences were.

Alright Nimrod steady on. You like planes we get it. 

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Dimron said:

Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine

• 1 year later...
  • Members
20 minutes ago, kent_white said:

WTF - looked more like a missile than a plane. Did its wings fall off or something? 

7 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

Quite possibly 

They can’t snap off they’re connected through the planes wingbox