Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

1 minute ago, deeane Koontz said:

Dapo playing live on Skyports youtube 

Olympiastadion looks surprisingly full considering their position. Some of most fickle support I've ever seen. Been in that ground when there's been 70k on and also just barely scraping 10k!

• Site Supporter
27 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Just seen the end of Motherwell Celtic.

Yikes.

Tasty isnt the word.

Just for your amusement. 

Worth a watch for the longest run up for a throw-in ever (a foul one not given) and increasing frustration from the celtic fans as the game wears on.

Then bedlam.

12 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Olympiastadion looks surprisingly full considering their position. Some of most fickle support I've ever seen. Been in that ground when there's been 70k on and also just barely scraping 10k!

I quite like Hertha. Sad state of affairs. Had it on last night and thought the same as it looked chocca. Also noticed in Germany they share the wealth with Referees and they high profile games get assigned to the elite despite being 2nd division 

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, tomski said:

I quite like Hertha. Sad state of affairs. Had it on last night and thought the same as it looked chocca. Also noticed in Germany they share the wealth with Referees and they high profile games get assigned to the elite despite being 2nd division 

After reading this, just been browsing around, didn’t realise that win sent St Pauli top. Did you watch it?

Looks like Dapo is performing well out there, fair play to him.

7 minutes ago, desperado said:

After reading this, just been browsing around, didn’t realise that win sent St Pauli top. Did you watch it?

Looks like Dapo is performing well out there, fair play to him.

Aye had it on last night. He’s defo played a big part. They were in the relegation zone when he joined and have since been the form team of Bundesliga 2. Not all him but he is excelling. I think he will make the Bundesliga with or without St Pauli. 

For comparison I’d say Bundesliga 2 is a slightly better standard than L1

50 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

That fiasco in the Spurs match showed once again the real problem with VAR - the dickheads who interpret it - and the pointlessness of an assistant who isn't prepared to pipe up when the lead guy makes a mistake.

Surprised they haven’t used the defence of not being able to tell when ball left players foot. On the still doing the rounds it’s completely obscured. Move it on one frame at rate Diaz and defender going in opposite direction he’s offside

edit. Just seen another clip with ball visible. Clearly onside. Oh well it’s the dippers.

Edited by green genie

24 minutes ago, green genie said:

Surprised they haven’t used the defence of not being able to tell when ball left players foot. On the still doing the rounds it’s completely obscured. Move it on one frame at rate Diaz and defender going in opposite direction he’s offside

edit. Just seen another clip with ball visible. Clearly onside. Oh well it’s the dippers.

Also thought the Jones sending off was questionable and Jota's first booking was a joke - but hey ho :)

The human behind the human error has been removed from officiating today's game BTW

10 hours ago, mickbrown said:

The only plus of playing in a shite league is no VAR. 

We’d totally be on the receiving end of every fuck up going. 

I was watching that game and it was obvious at the time it was onside . They didn’t even draw the lines. Fucking amateurs. 

Yeah, but Liverpool. So f'kem.

Interesting to see Linaker & Shearer throwing the VAR officials under the bus. Very pointedly naming each at least 3 times.

Some politics at play there I suspect.

7 hours ago, tomski said:

As I'm a euro football whore I actually like Union and Hertha 😀 Hertha at the Olympiastadion was the first game I ever saw abroad so always felt something for them. They should be massive and successful considering the city they represent, but just consistently mismanaged