Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Crisp Watch

superjohnmcginlay

Think I said last time this was mentioned on here. Onion 'n' Vinegar Wheelz. Usued to be in the Happy Shopper corner shop. They were the business! Proper strong they were.

According to the Guinness Book of Records - the strongest commercially available crisp is the KP pickled onion flavoured Meanie.

A weeks worth of recommended salt intake per bag.

• Members

Bang on, they're utter shit. They still sell them as well, which surprises me somewhat

I'm pretty sure, as a kid, we used to get some cheapo crisps which went one further where you had different flovor sachets. I guess a kind of "flavour n shake".

I love a Scutter crisps but have a favourite luxury type. Piper Chorizo crisps for sale in Booths.

Youri's head will probably fall off if I say how much they cost.

Knowing Booths, as I do (don't laugh), I'd reckon' they're probably about £2.89-£3.79 for a bag around 90grams or so...Eeh, all that's missing is Leslie Crowther. Retailers have twigged that folk staying in will spend more on luxury stuff - beer, crisps, pizzas etc. because they're still 'saving' money staying in than going out. Anyhow, regarding food, some stuff costs what it costs and I have to live with it :)

Smokey bacon crisps......always remind me of Mayfield street baths on a Saturday morning.

Another 'horror bag' in the scary snack triangle were 'bats', I think these were tomato flavoured? Went with 'bones' and 'fangs'.

My all time favourite are seabrooks salt & vinegar which used to mop up a (proper) pint of Boddingtons before they got bought out and fucked up very nicely. Canadian ham are also a good pub choice but can't be eaten prior to 10 pm. It's the law.

About 17 years ago a mate of mine had a massive bag of popcorn called 'sundog'. I assumed she was a weirdo for 2 reasons: firstly she was hanging about with me and secondly, these popcorn were cheese flavour.

Aye, cheese. Dirty fucker, or so I thought until I tasted one. After I'd pinched the full packet off her I thought about buying my own but sadly never did and can't find any, or any evidence of their existence.

Did anyone else ever have sundog cheesy popcorn or did I dream it all?

i didn't know that

suppose its pretty obvious, actually

what isnt as obvious is that it belongs to pepsi

Even stranger is that Pepsi don't actually sell / distribute Pepsi

Britvic do all the sales and distribution (in the UK at least) as they have a large soft drinks network

A Pepsi salesman sells walkers crisps, Quaker Oats and Tropicana

Crackers

• Site Supporter

Smokey bacon crisps......always remind me of Mayfield street baths on a Saturday morning.

Another 'horror bag' in the scary snack triangle were 'bats', I think these were tomato flavoured? Went with 'bones' and 'fangs'.

My all time favourite are seabrooks salt & vinegar which used to mop up a (proper) pint of Boddingtons before they got bought out and fucked up very nicely. Canadian ham are also a good pub choice but can't be eaten prior to 10 pm. It's the law.

About 17 years ago a mate of mine had a massive bag of popcorn called 'sundog'. I assumed she was a weirdo for 2 reasons: firstly she was hanging about with me and secondly, these popcorn were cheese flavour.

Aye, cheese. Dirty fucker, or so I thought until I tasted one. After I'd pinched the full packet off her I thought about buying my own but sadly never did and can't find any, or any evidence of their existence.

Did anyone else ever have sundog cheesy popcorn or did I dream it all?

It did exist

Even stranger is that Pepsi don't actually sell / distribute Pepsi

Britvic do all the sales and distribution (in the UK at least) as they have a large soft drinks network

A Pepsi salesman sells walkers crisps, Quaker Oats and Tropicana

Crackers

Nearly as crackers as mars selling pedigree chum.

M &S bringing out Prosecco and Winter Berry crisps.

Who buys this shit?

(apart from NB)

The rise of Prosecco is up there with mobile phones, facebook, the premier league  CCTV and young men with beards as factors that mean the younger generation really have no chance of every enjoying as good a life as we had as yoof.

• Members

Nearly as crackers as mars selling pedigree chum.

Just FYI, Mars is one of the worlds biggest privately owned companies and manufactures all sorts of pet foods around the world.

They have a massive factory in Bathurst, NSW which produces all sorts of dog biscuits plus various meat products (not sure you have Schmacko's up there?). This factory has a railway siding and they load up trains and ship 80% of what they produce straight to Sydney Harbour for export into SE Asia. Been there a few times and the entire factory is as pristine as a pre-op operating theatre. Besides being proud of the way my extruder gearboxes were performing, my other abiding memory is of the machine operators for producing various dog biscuits actually tasting the pre-baked mush to check if there is enough tallow in there or if they have to alter the mix slightly. Uuurrrgh! Often wondered if they find themselves chasing cars in their leisure time.

They also produce the Uncle Bens lines down here and have another big fuck off factory on the NSW/Victoria border producing mostly meat products for pets.

The rise of Prosecco is up there with mobile phones, facebook, the premier league  CCTV and young men with beards as factors that mean the younger generation really have no chance of every enjoying as good a life as we had as yoof.

We've got a prosecco thread

I, too, have been scathing about sad Italian fizz, but try Cinzano Prosecco; not half bad

Just FYI, Mars is one of the worlds biggest privately owned companies and manufactures all sorts of pet foods around the world.

They have a massive factory in Bathurst, NSW which produces all sorts of dog biscuits plus various meat products (not sure you have Schmacko's up there?). This factory has a railway siding and they load up trains and ship 80% of what they produce straight to Sydney Harbour for export into SE Asia. Been there a few times and the entire factory is as pristine as a pre-op operating theatre. Besides being proud of the way my extruder gearboxes were performing, my other abiding memory is of the machine operators for producing various dog biscuits actually tasting the pre-baked mush to check if there is enough tallow in there or if they have to alter the mix slightly. Uuurrrgh! Often wondered if they find themselves chasing cars in their leisure time.

They also produce the Uncle Bens lines down here and have another big fuck off factory on the NSW/Victoria border producing mostly meat products for pets.

Used to work for Mars

There are people employed full time in quality control testing all the pet food

Rumour has it that the chicken Mars bought for pet food was a better grade than Macdonalds bought for its chicken nuggets

• Members

Used to work for Mars

There are people employed full time in quality control testing all the pet food

Rumour has it that the chicken Mars bought for pet food was a better grade than Macdonalds bought for its chicken nuggets

Having seen what I have seen in Bathurst that would not surprise me mate.

Produces dog food and all the operatives have to wear hair nets plus there are wash stations every 10 metres.