Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Town Centre Latest

Smiley

3 hours ago, Escobarp said:

I would go to manc or trafford centre for shopping but would happily shop in Bolton town centre if it actually had any shops worth visiting. Good currently for a pie, a lucky 15 and a mooch round charity shops i suspect if that way inclined 

I suspect that's why even the council have given up on it, it's pretty much a lost cause. 

As soon as Talibs and Stolen from Ivor went, I never felt the need to visit again 

As much as we all romatisize about the town centre, in all honesty.....its ALWAYS been a bit of a dump and full of ruff fuckers, its just that those ruff & trouble makers are not white anymore....and we have more closed down shops.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bolton_blondie said:

Took the kids to Bolton museum as I promised eldest. She's in her element. Always remember coming here as a kid. She's had a lesson on who Fred Dibnah and Nat Lofthouse is. We also met thus ugly sod. 

IMG_20220521_135649.jpg

Gonzo the morning after an all dayer

• Moderators
1 hour ago, bolton_blondie said:

Took the kids to Bolton museum as I promised eldest. She's in her element. Always remember coming here as a kid. She's had a lesson on who Fred Dibnah and Nat Lofthouse is. We also met thus ugly sod. 

IMG_20220521_135649.jpg

Is the piranha with one eye still downstairs?

On 04/05/2022 at 09:49, Whitestar said:

Its no coincidence that things went down hill when the Navada burnt down, conspiracy theory maybe , I'll have a word with David Icke.

Loved the spotlight section. 

Chance of a quick reach around plus the bonus of a box of chocolates if it stopped on you and the unlucky Bay City Rollers fan who had succumbed to your advances .

" come on , you can have the prize if we win "

• Site Supporter
On 21/05/2022 at 15:01, bolton_blondie said:

IMG_20220521_135649.jpg

Once visited the Egyptology section as a teenager and there was also a group getting a tour led by some expert.

He told the group (and me) the mummy had been a commoner rather than an aristocrat. He explained that commoners were mummified with their arms down their body and hands pretty much over their genitalia. Royalty and other high-ranking folk would have their arms crossed over their chest.

I’ve spent the last 45 years knowing that. Now you all know it too. It’s a pleasure. 😀

11 hours ago, embankment said:

Loved the spotlight section. 

Chance of a quick reach around plus the bonus of a box of chocolates if it stopped on you and the unlucky Bay City Rollers fan who had succumbed to your advances .

" come on , you can have the prize if we win "

Deffo, spotlight was a great way to meet girls when you were like 14, also if you were lucky enough to to win you to could pick from that tray of goodies that actually included 10 players No6.

I never won.

7 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Bolton Museum is one of the leading Egyptology museums in the country and a key source for academic study. If you haven't seen it since the nearly £4 million revamp, its worth it.

Part paid for by sending the collection off on a tour of the far east IIRC.

9 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Indeed and Eddie Davies and DCMS/Wolfson museum re-development fund.

Lass I worked with was made redundant as part of the tory cuts. Heard tale that she got redeployed to the museum archives department and ended up jetting off with the collection on its tour.

Chuffed for her as she was the only one straight up laid off as other positions were able to cover cuts through early retirements.

On 21/05/2022 at 15:01, bolton_blondie said:

IMG_20220521_135649.jpg

that ugly sod looks like a customer coming out of Tantastic on Bury Road

• Site Supporter
On 04/05/2022 at 15:40, Pablo said:

As much as we all romatisize about the town centre, in all honesty.....its ALWAYS been a bit of a dump and full of ruff fuckers, its just that those ruff & trouble makers are not white anymore....and we have more closed down shops.

A dump ? We used to have two Marks and Spenceres don't you know .