Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

England V Iceland

little whitt

• Site Supporter

wot was said for those of us in foreign lands?

McLaren was telling us what Roy should have done to get them winning.

It's like listening to the McCanns tell us how to babysit

Should have taken Carroll. Was saying it before the tournament. Was always going to play teams who would stick ten men behind the ball, best way to beat them is to get crosses into an aerial beast like Carroll.

Agreed. We resorted to long balls in box in all 4 games anyway.

Well that's 300 fucking quid down the fucking swanny

That'll learn me to be a cocky cunt when it comes to booking flights before we've actually qualified

You useless fucking set of shit heads

Fuck off England.............until September 

This has to go down as crap management.He found out at the last World Cup Sterling wasn't international standard and he found out in this group stage that Harry Kane isn't international standard.So what did he do, drop them for the last game and then recall them both for Iceland.And pick another 2 attacking players in Sturridge and Rooney but not play them in their natural positions. We had 4 bleeding forwards on the pitch, no wonder the midfield was overworked and shite.And despite starting with 4 attacking players arguably the best one Vardy didn't start.
We've seen with the rugby union that a great  manager can get results with the same players that a bad manager can't.I was disappointed he resigned so avoided answering difficult questions about his pathetic team selection and their performance.
It was like turning the clock back 12 years and watching Big Sam's Bolton outmuscle and beat half hearted fancy dan Tottenham teams.I still don't understand how this cunt Hodgson got to manage England and why he  didn't get sacked when he was found out at the last World Cup

• Site Supporter

Well that's 300 fucking quid down the fucking swanny

That'll learn me to be a cocky cunt when it comes to booking flights before we've actually qualified

You useless fucking set of shit heads

Go and do the Hoooo song with the Iceland fans

Well that's 300 fucking quid down the fucking swanny

You useless fucking set of shit heads

Wasn't it nearer £400

Mr H wasn't happy last night, especially when Polish Andre came in the pub whom Mr H had had a £100 bet with that England would go further than Poland, still, we got lots of Vodka for free. Unfortunately, I'm in work today and feel rough as fuck, I think I need to get on one of the settee's and have a power nap

I always make excuses for England; bad luck, tough draw etc.  But if there was any doubt left that we were shit, last night proved it.

To watch the Italians beat Spain with more team-ethic, effort and superb technique and tactical management then watch us really hammered it home.

Our heads wilted when they scored.  Clueless.

Any other half decent team after the pen would have sealed the doors for a bit and then looked to pick them off.  That was by all accounts the game plan as well . . . . !?  Well done lads, top job! 

Never seen such a poor technical, professional performance from a so called top international team.   

Edited by madthatter

Harry Kane, Harry fucking Kane

I'd srangle that fucker if i could get my hands on him

every dead ball he had, didn't beat first man or he put it out of play, every signle fucking one

not just last night, all tournament

massive cunt

Widders,

It was £400 for Mr H because he booked a week after me on the same flight so on a positive note I saved £100 on being a cleverer cunt than him

I feel a whole lot better now

It is possible to convert an England flag into an Iceland. Just cover most of the white with blue and chop one sixth of the left side. JSL.

I certainly don't expect England to win every tournament. But what I would like is just the occasional match where our players get even close to playing to their potential. Last night we were playing a team including players who sit on the bench at the likes of Cardiff and Charlton. And anyone who watched us play Charlton last season will know that if you can't get in their team then you're not very good.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.