Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Big Sam...gone

C86

He will. So far done nothing wrong apart from being stupid naiive etc....

Many a chairman would love Sam as there manager and his record is good.

Hope sweaty ken's on the case as we speak.

I agree, he will manage again, I've no doubt about that

There's fuck all chance that he'll come here though, as we'll be at least£1M short of what he would want as a wage...................and nobody can use the excuse that he's probably not that interested in the money now

• Site Supporter

he will never manage again in England MMW

He will. So far done nothing wrong apart from being stupid naiive etc....

Many a chairman would love Sam as there manager and his record is good.

Hope sweaty ken's on the case as we speak.

I imagine the discussion prior to his appointment went something like 'Look Sam we all know about the allegations that were made, nothing was proven so we are prepared to put those to a side, but you know some people will be looking to dig dirt on you so you need to be whiter than white, if you can do that we will back you, but if stories come out again we will have no choice.

Just keep nose clean.'

He was on £3M a year, why get involved for whatever reason ?

Fair point, but its his prerogative- perhaps he's wise enough to have irons in the fire knowing the england job wouldn't last forever.

• Site Supporter

I agree, he will manage again, I've no doubt about that

There's fuck all chance that he'll come here though, as we'll be at least£1M short of what he would want as a wage...................and nobody can use the excuse that he's probably not that interested in the money now

Depends on how he sees it. No prem clubs need a manager at the moment and he may feel its prudent to take something a bit lower profile until he's rebuilt his reputation. He also would get more 'love' from supporters which would be beneficial.

He'll manage again if he cares to (here), probably when some team is adrift at Christmas with a deadman/uselesa cnut in charge (not HK rip, Pablo) - because the Premier millions mean more to any owners than bullshit displays of 'scruples'.

It wasn't a pint pot either - it was a 500ml schooner, and besides, genuine drinkers drink pints of Noilly Prat or Cinzano Bianco Top.

I hardly ever read or listen to journalists, but whilst driving to Rochdale last night I stuck five live on."We acted in the interests of the public". The condescending twats. As if they think we need to be looked after like kids. They weren't acting in my interests. Arseholes.

That's like banging taxes up on booze, fags, petrol etc and churning out the 'oh it's for everyone's health and to save the world' bollocks!

Thing is you can't really argue with the quote in isolation but anyone can see it's really to get their name/article in the spotlight and sell more papers; and get Sam out of the chair asap.

What really fooks me off with this though is how much of a greedy, numb spoon Sam has been.

OK Sam's had to go but I would imagine very little else will come of this.  Footballers in greed shocker . . .

Do some undercover work on massive companies, tax avoidance and how Governments give em a helping hand - now that would be in the public interest!

Mocking the dead now, classy.

well why did you log onto this site read 8 pages of posts and join in with something that no one cares about? did you mean you dont care? if so then just ignore the post and move on, I never get why people do that on t'internet, care enough to bother to post that you dont care! confusing

Depends on how he sees it. No prem clubs need a manager at the moment and he may feel its prudent to take something a bit lower profile until he's rebuilt his reputation. He also would get more 'love' from supporters which would be beneficial.

Not enough money for players for him to come here. Reckon it might be Derby or some bottom three premiership club around December,

I hate how all these websites don't have comments sections.

Someone dropping truthbombs and showing the hypocrisy in the comments is verboten in the cult.

cowards.

He shouldve come out with his cameraphone on around those sneeky fuckers.

I've seen folk blaming his Curtis for bad advice. If only he'd listened to his agent......

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12016/10596938/sam-allardyce-could-yet-face-fa-action-after-leaving-england-role

Thought himself impregnable. Shame as if we had got to the WC 2018 I reckon he would have restored some pride. Now we will be stuck with some no hopers.

Question

Why didn't the telegraph do this sooner?

Given his lifelong addiction to being a gormless, money obsessed fat arse, why not do it whilst he's at sunlan?

It's all about timing eh?

Their football operation has been running for 10 months.

Sam was involved within 4 weeks of becoming England manager, before his first/only/last match.

He was not the front line of the investigation until he fell for a classic trap.

• Site Supporter

fcuking hell, i nearly felt sorry for him

he looks old and very dejected

then he waffles on about entrapment - he just doesnt get it

I detected a tone of voice of a shattered man. Even thought he might cry. Agree he looked old though hell get better with some time at his gaff in Spain.

He did say it was his fault, though in a roundabout way. As for the entrapment bit, guess he's also very angry and I'll give him credit for fronting up so soon- no sure many others would in his position.

Sam will be absolutely pigsick and embarrassed.He'll get over it with time and I expect him to be back in management, maybe not in England. He won't let the Telegraph reporters ruin his life, he said after he was sacked by Blackpool there's no point being bitter because that doesn't affect the people who sacked you, it just harms yourself.