Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Footballers Abused As Trainees

Ani

Would they suspend him for knowing and not saying owt? Probably, there's been no allegations made at him, yet

For the Crewe allegations he has said he knew nothing until 1994.

He chose not to mention the Chelsea incident of 20 years earlier.

You might think that the 1974 episode would have made him more alert.

Anyway, when push comes to shove remember he was born in Milan.

• 1 year later...

There's a lot of well known players came through that Crewe academy yet none of them have ever said owt (as far as I know) - Danny Murphy, Robbie Savage, David Platt come to mind

Ashamed? Suppressing it? Can't deal with it? Or made up bullshit because Gradi was good at dealing with kids and turning them into good footballers and others were jealous? Or summat else?

There's a lot of well known players came through that Crewe academy yet none of them have ever said owt (as far as I know) - Danny Murphy, Robbie Savage, David Platt come to mind

Ashamed? Suppressing it? Can't deal with it? Or made up bullshit because Gradi was good at dealing with kids and turning them into good footballers and others were jealous? Or summat else?

Savage and Platt were at ManU as kids and joined Crewe when rejected at 18/19.

Murphy was in Crewe Academy and always spoke highly of Gradi. He was irate when innuendoes about Gradi were bandied about.

I think it was those from further afield that were at risk from Bennell.

Rob Jones is probably the highest profile Crewe graduate to have spoken out

Savage and Platt were at ManU as kids and joined Crewe when rejected at 18/19..

Fair point but I don’t recollect anything from them and they would have played under his coaching/tutelage

Not trying to make a point or owt. Just curious as to why not much has come out from the higher profile players to have played for Crewe. Maybe I’m overthinking it all