9 hours ago, Zico said:

John played both of those two as well

And we no doubt had good results with Iredale played LWB with Bradley 

But I'm on about at the same time 

Jones and Iredale at the same time 

It's not happened yet I don't think and I hope it doesn't 

It won't be like when we had Fossey and John or Bradley and John  

Ps Mbete started both those games too but I don't want him back

Fair enough. I agree we need 1 of them to be an attacking outlet at least in most games. Wouldn’t mind both at the same time in a massive away game against a Derby or something at least to start with.

I think we may end up bringing in 7/8 this summer so the squad could look very different in a month or 2. 2 gks, 2 wing backs, a cb, a holding mid, a no. 10 (or 2) and another striker would be my guess. I think we may end up losing someone like Johnston if we get a decent offer and I’d be surprised if Evatt hasn’t moved John on by the start of the season. Did Sadlier’s loan get made permanent in the end? 

12 minutes ago, Stevowanderer said:

Fair enough. I agree we need 1 of them to be an attacking outlet at least in most games. Wouldn’t mind both at the same time in a massive away game against a Derby or something at least to start with.

I think we may end up bringing in 7/8 this summer so the squad could look very different in a month or 2. 2 gks, 2 wing backs, a cb, a holding mid, a no. 10 (or 2) and another striker would be my guess. I think we may end up losing someone like Johnston if we get a decent offer and I’d be surprised if Evatt hasn’t moved John on by the start of the season. Did Sadlier’s loan get made permanent in the end? 

Pretty sure sadlier is back with us.

I agree with the positional signings apart from CB.  It was said that Williams earned his extra 12 months contract because of how well he played in that position.   So cant see us going for anyone else now.  

16 hours ago, Popeye doyle said:

Can’t see it myself at £1 million.

The missus has family in Germany who are massive football fans (Mainz 05) so I asked about this guy and they all said he is a fantastic young player - a strong battling midfielder with great touch and passing - a bit like a young Declan Rice - and that he'll definitely be a contender for the full German national team.

If they're right - and they do know what they're talking about IME - he could be a brilliant signing for us. Problem is he'd probably cost over a million so it would be a "marquee signing".

Whether or not he'd want to come to us is another story - but maybe Shazza and IE can work their magic and maybe Kacha could put in a good word about his time here (if only the fans had been kinder to him :( )

At 23, he could be very good business.

1 hour ago, W.cramp said:

I agree with the positional signings apart from CB.  It was said that Williams earned his extra 12 months contract because of how well he played in that position.   So cant see us going for anyone else now.  

MJ got the extension purely based on number of appearances, not actual performances.

37 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Having not fitted into Evatt’s thinking & then loaned to a club closer to his home where he played 19 times and was part of a league winning side.

You don't reckon he'll be leaving then ?

Defiantely be gone but his loan ended and isnt he still in contract ?  Sure someone will know

1 hour ago, Wanderlust said:

The missus has family in Germany who are massive football fans (Mainz 05) so I asked about this guy and they all said he is a fantastic young player - a strong battling midfielder with great touch and passing - a bit like a young Declan Rice - and that he'll definitely be a contender for the full German national team.

If they're right - and they do know what they're talking about IME - he could be a brilliant signing for us. Problem is he'd probably cost over a million so it would be a "marquee signing".

Whether or not he'd want to come to us is another story - but maybe Shazza and IE can work their magic and maybe Kacha could put in a good word about his time here (if only the fans had been kinder to him :( )

At 23, he could be very good business.

Not seen or heard much about Herr Flick , although I have heard his family got rich off the back of a painting of a fallen Madonna with a fine pair. 

3 hours ago, W.cramp said:

Williams extension was because he had an appearance clause in contract. We definitely need at least 1 more centre back especially if Jones ends up as one of our wing back options this season. Wouldn’t surprise me if MJ and Sadlier are moved on. Don’t think either will play regularly. 

Edited by Stevowanderer

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

After 5 years scoring for fun in the Kanga League.

He could have continued with us a few years if Parkinson hadn't been such a miserable cunt.

Think he saw the writing on the wall with Anderson and got away with full pay

1 hour ago, Zico said:

Think he saw the writing on the wall with Anderson and got away with full pay

I understood an approach was made & Parki agreed to it ... mo fee ... & more or less showed him the door. I know he was deeply unhappy but wasn't getting picked & Parky said that wasn't about to change.the 

2 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

After 5 years scoring for fun in the Kanga League.

He could have continued with us a few years if Parkinson hadn't realised we didn't have a good enough midfield to play two up front and that Le Fondre couldn't play as a lone target man we needed

6 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

So the solution to having a limited midfield is to sack off a striker ... not improve the midfield.

Interesting.

I'm amazed Crellin being shite didn't move Evatt to bin a winger.

He improved the midfield by signing Karl Henry

I'm sure he'd have opted for two central midfielders and started two up front if we'd have been able to afford good enough midfielders to do it

It was pretty clear we couldn't afford them, though

9 hours ago, Tombwfc said:

I agree. But it was madness he didn't start vs Forest.

I actually think Parky made the right call

We'd started Le Fondre up front on his own quite regularly in the matches before and results had been horrendous (the defeat to Burton Albion the week before being the worst of them)

For that 4-2-3-1 to work, we needed a physical presence up top and starting Wilbraham kept us in it until that crazy last half hour

1 hour ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I actually think Parky made the right call

We'd started Le Fondre up front on his own quite regularly in the matches before and results had been horrendous (the defeat to Burton Albion the week before being the worst of them)

For that 4-2-3-1 to work, we needed a physical presence up top and starting Wilbraham kept us in it until that crazy last half hour

Don’t give Parky any credit on here , they’ll be on your case arguing we stayed up despite him.