Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Transfer Gossip

47 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Maybe he was keeping his options open before committing to BWFC or we weren't offering him a long enough deal ? Pure guesswork on my part but does seem odd as the trial seemed to go well.

I've been wonderimg if it might have something to do with him last playing for Bury, and whether any compensation is due to them. 

• Replies 17.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jake Wright was the defensive organiser (very aware of what’s going on, always talking, shouting, pointing) in our league one promotion year and is actually bit of a legend at Bramall Lane after his r

Disappointed a few I know but how would you be on a day like today? Brilliant sunshine in mid Winter - at 9am received just over $6K as my share of a football punters club kitty which we decided to sh

Big Wednesday fan here. Kieran Lee has been one hell of a player for us. I’d actually say he’s been our best player since we got relegated from the premier league in 2000. Only problem is that we

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

At that point, is it a number of individuals so no longer a single entity?

The club is a collective - and should always be referred to in the collective. That's my take on it and I'm sticking with it! 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, kent_white said:

The club is a collective - and should always be referred to in the collective. That's my take on it and I'm sticking with it! 

Parliament is sitting (Where's my pint Mick)

Parliamentarians are sitting.

Torquay is a shit hole.  :)

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Parliament is sitting (Where's my pint Mick)

Parliamentarians are sitting.

Torquay is a shit hole.  :)

Parliament voted to carry on working remotely until November.  Where’s my pint?😀

Edited by mickbrown

I've never sang it with either. 

And it's Bolton Wanderers
Bolton Wanderers F.C
By far the greatest team
The world has ever seen

It's definitely "are" in the context of announcement tweets, it's purely a personal contextual issue but "is" just doesn't sit right. Conveys a sort of disconnect, lacks personability.

16 hours ago, Deanu said:

Was on trial which got cut short along with that Ben Stephens where as Baptiste/ Hickman/Greenidge/Amoateng stayed till the duration. Probably didn't fancy him then gave him a call to fall back on him when we realised we're well short for the bench & cover considering our young pro's are nowhere near the level required atm. Not exciting in the slightest but we deffo needed another CM. We can expect some scouse shithousery & a 5 yard backwards sideways pass but at the end of the day I'd rather have this guy doing the same thing as Spearing & Lowe on 75% less wages. 

Given our real lack of strikers, I dont see the need for another midfielder, it looks like we're only playing 3 midfielders if we're going with wingbacks, we've got plenty of cover with Darcy, White, Hickman, Graham and now Tutte as back up to Comley, Sarcevic and Crawford.  I cant believe I'm describing Darcy as a back up for a Div 2 side. 

1 hour ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Mr Grey prefers White Army.... or so it has been alleged 😁

Only because we play in white 😁

I'm sure the PC brigade will have that banned and fans will be ejected if they sing it.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, mickbrown said:

Parliament voted to carry on working remotely until November.  Where’s my pint?😀

Nice try. You said they wouldn't be back. I said they would in a covid secure way, like businesses have to.

Like I said, I dont drink anyway, so make payment to nhs charities.