Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

12 hours ago, kent_white said:

I don't know and I don't care. 

All I care about is this letter.

20230814_201125.jpg

Bloody hell that's quite the leap - that's now almost as much as my half of our rent here. No wonder folk are angry, if folk don't have the money to cover it and carry on as normal (and lets be honest most don't) how are people expected to cope?

Hope you get it sorted. If not, I've got a lovely room here I can illegally sub-let for only £400 a month.

34 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Bloody hell that's quite the leap - that's now almost as much as my half of our rent here. No wonder folk are angry, if folk don't have the money to cover it and carry on as normal (and lets be honest most don't) how are people expected to cope?

Hope you get it sorted. If not, I've got a lovely room here I can illegally sub-let for only £400 a month.

Sunak was on the radio last week telling folk to just extend the term of their mortgage and to remember they are sitting in an asset.

The prick. Sure that will be of a consolation to Kent 

Was listening to the News Agents yesterday and they mentioned the barges being like the prison Hulks mentioned in Great Expectations, what a great equivalence - I'd forgotten about Victorian prision Hulks that were temporarry but lastest nearly 100 years basically to put people to forget about them.

By the light of the torches, we saw the black Hulk lying out a little way from the mud of the shore, like a wicked Noah’s ark. Cribbed and barred and moored by massive rusty chains, the prison-ship seemed in my young eyes to be ironed like the prisoners

3 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Sunak was on the radio last week telling folk to just extend the term of their mortgage and to remember they are sitting in an asset.

Also what about those whose rents are going up because landlord's mortagages are? The only asset I'm sat on is an ikea chair.

This is going to get much worse in the next couple of months, it'll make the financial crisis of 2008 look like small fry to most people because it'll directly hit them very quickly.

3 hours ago, mickbrown said:

And that is what the Banks will "generously" offer to those who are going to struggle with payments. 

Higher interest rates, over a longer period of time.....how generous of them.:)  -  Although, as we all know interest rates can go up as well as down, and they've been on the floor for years, so there was only one way they were going to go. As more and more people come off their fixed rates, we're going to see/hear more stories like Kent's, one of my mates is seeing an increase in excess of £1K per month!!

Sadly, the only way through it for most people, will be the extending of the payment terms

Edit: just thinking about it, I wonder if some banks will also offer, like they did at the start of the Pandemic, the facility to "not pay" your mortgage for 1,2 or 3 months (again, this just does increase what you pay back eventually)

Edited by Sweep

19 hours ago, Spider said:

Some people will still vote Tory if an election is called tomorrow.

A few on here would as well.

They think they’re doing ok.

Thing is they probably some Vary Good Tory MPs who do some good work for there Constituency 

And will lose there jobs  cause of this Shower 

42 minutes ago, little whitt said:

Thing is they probably some Vary Good Tory MPs who do some good work for there Constituency 

Talking of which, I see that Nadine Dorries is still an MP- obviously with it being about ten weeks since she was resigning "with immediate effect"  and the fact she's not been arsed to speak in Parliament for about two years, you'd think that Sunak could get some easy brownie points by withdrawing the whip or something. 

48 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Talking of which, I see that Nadine Dorries is still an MP- obviously with it being about ten weeks since she was resigning "with immediate effect"  and the fact she's not been arsed to speak in Parliament for about two years, you'd think that Sunak could get some easy brownie points by withdrawing the whip or something. 

Sickening 

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Sweep said:

Rt Hon Nadine is still alive, just taking a wage for doing absolutely sod all.

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

sums our people up 

Thick as fuck, that's what she is.

If we're not voting for a party based on its former leaders, then after Cameron, May, Johnson, Truss & Sunak, the Tories might as well fold.

Different tactics for different battles.

He wouldn't have got the leader's job with his current 'policies' and can't win an election with his old ones.

Being able to change your mind is a sign of strength, not weakness.