Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter

Not that the Tory coffin needs any more nails, but they’ve just driven yet another into their casket by doing a massive U Turn on the one policy they’d originally got right.

Instead, they’ve caved in to pressure - and doubtless a lot of sudden “donations” - from big gas.

Thisbis why they’ll delay the election as long as they can. Fill their pockets, fuck up the few decent policies that are in place and try to lay land mines for the next government.

Trust me, they no longer want to win the election, even if they act like they do.

Wankers. Absolute wankers.

https://www.current-news.co.uk/clean-heat-market-mechanism-delayed-until-april-2025/

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Pathetic wankers. They will never change. Childish nonsense.

Even the numbest of numb cunts knows full well that this pale imitation of a Conservative Party will cling to power for as long as it possibly can. It was always going to be the case. I think Sunak actually believes that there is a miracle cure somewhere. Deluded.

I just hope that you are all not lumbered with what I think you are likely to be lumbered with for more than one term.

I have to agree it is childish but ffs just call an election.

We will only be lumbered with over a decade of cuts that will take another decade, at least, to put right.

4 hours ago, Traf said:

You could run the country on a quarter of the MPs we have.
Pay them double what they get now to try and attract 'better' candidates and we're better off.

Ban personal donations to MPs and we're even better off. 

In fact ban any political donations personal, party etc. It breeds corruption.  The South Australian Premier is looking to implement.

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, Spider said:

You know when Lee Anderson and his ilk say “we want our country back”

Can anyone tell me what they actually mean?

Back from what?

They want to go back to how things were immediately after we joined the European Economic Community.

26 minutes ago, Spider said:

Back from what?

Super Agent? 💥🌶️🪥💣

Edited by Gonk

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Spider said:

Back from what?

No black or brown

1 hour ago, Spider said:

Back from what?

Muslims like Khan 

Edit: In all seriousness, they have no idea. Just bigoted shite harping back to a golden era in England that never existed. 

Edited by London Wanderer

1 hour ago, London Wanderer said:

Muslims like Khan 

Edit: In all seriousness, they have no idea. Just bigoted shite harping back to a golden era in England that never existed. 

Screenshot_20240315_230048_Chrome.jpg

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Sad for those who never experience that era. Before all this woke, politically correct bullshit raised its ugly head. 

I ordered white and they sent me black

• Site Supporter

People longing for the rose tinted spectacled view of Britian before the onset of improved communication. 

Reality is much different. 

Just re-read "My pal Spodger", having read it as a kid, based in Bolton in the 1920's. These people long for these times but reading the book as an adult, shows how bad things really were and people didn't know any better. Granted there js no racism in the book (which was written in 1960's), as there wasn't really anyone to be racists towards. 

An era where kids had to go to work in dangerous cotton mills because there weren't enough workers, and the vast majority of houses from then have been pulled down as part of the Slums act. 

1 hour ago, only1swanny said:

People longing for the rose tinted spectacled view of Britian before the onset of improved communication. 

Reality is much different. 

Just re-read "My pal Spodger", having read it as a kid, based in Bolton in the 1920's. These people long for these times but reading the book as an adult, shows how bad things really were and people didn't know any better. Granted there js no racism in the book (which was written in 1960's), as there wasn't really anyone to be racists towards. 

An era where kids had to go to work in dangerous cotton mills because there weren't enough workers, and the vast majority of houses from then have been pulled down as part of the Slums act. 

Aye, my dad whose 78 always says those harping back to a golden area past are talking utter rot.

Lack of decent heating, clean air act yet to come into force meaning smog, narrow opportunities for the vast majority, domestic abuse much more hidden, unwanted pregnancies dealt with in ways that damaged young mums, lack of work opportunities for women, shorter life expectancy and expectations...

Just finished reading Clive Myrie's book about growing up in Britian opposite Burden Park in the 70s. Think he'd also have a slightly tempered view to old Mounts about how things have improved for many.