Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Peter Kay

royal white

13 hours ago, royal white said:

The lad took stand up comedy to another level tonight! Absolutely brilliant. A lot of old stuff was used but more up to date. The man is a legend. I get how some people don’t like him but if you’re from Bolton or the surrounding areas and don’t like him then I don’t get it. Everything he talks about we can all relate to

going tonight, can't wait.

On 02/12/2022 at 23:27, royal white said:

The lad took stand up comedy to another level tonight! Absolutely brilliant. A lot of old stuff was used but more up to date. The man is a legend. I get how some people don’t like him but if you’re from Bolton or the surrounding areas and don’t like him then I don’t get it. Everything he talks about we can all relate to

Local lad doing well for himself , are you really surprised people find a reason to criticise him ? Pretty much what folk do everytime unfortunately . 

On 05/12/2022 at 06:01, Ani said:

Local lad doing well for himself , are you really surprised people find a reason to criticise him ? Pretty much what folk do everytime unfortunately . 

Hmmmm, not sure.

It is possible for someone to not be your cup of tea without a local bias being implied.

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

Is he funny yet or is he still recycling Hovis Presley's old material?

Now come on, that’s not fair. He recycled other peoples stuff as well so don’t be lazy.

Ask any of the regulars at the frog and bucket.

• 7 months later...
On 04/12/2022 at 16:00, Leyther_Matt said:

The majority of the material could basically have carried straight on from Top of the Tower, but I don’t think that’s necessarily a negative.

Anyone going will be in for a treat. Shame about the St Helens slags behind us who wouldn’t fucking shut up all night. 

Went to 02 in London on Saturday.

Really enjoyed it after getting over his change of appearance . He referenced the old material to start new parts rather than repeating too much

wont be hurrying back to the 02 though.  

3 minutes ago, green genie said:

Really enjoyed it after getting over his change of appearance . He referenced the old material to start new parts rather than repeating too much

How do you mean, is he much slimmer these days? I've not seen a photo of him for ages.

5 hours ago, green genie said:

Was there on Saturday as well and agreed on the initial surprise. Really enjoyed it though and the second half of the show in particular was great.

I’ve been to the O2 before but only for gigs. I thought it was ok TBH, although very different to last time I saw him at the Hammersmith Apollo about 20 years ago. Best decision I made on Saturday was to head straight to the bar at Gaucho and sit down with a carafe of Malbec whilst the masses dispersed.

Edited by Jol_BWFC