Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bristol Rovers (A)

Leyther_Matt

1 hour ago, Biggish Dave said:

It matters not a jot who’s there to witness wins - we just need loads more of them whoever is there. Hopefully the shot in the arm will encourage you to go to 1 or 2 more and we win them too

4 games this season for me which isn’t bad really with 500 mile round trip to each home game 

but I’m getting the bug back for sure 

5 hours ago, bolton va va said:

Just back. EIEIEIfuckingO. After a dodgy first couple of minutes, we completely outclassed Bristol & the only small complaint is that we didn't win by more.

The defence was solid with Emmanuel especially good both defending & going forward, Lowe, Murphy ( his best game for us ) & Crawford totally outfought & outplayed Bristol though Crawford could/should have had a hat trick ( but had a great game covering every inch of the pitch for 90 minutes), Dodo destroyed their left back 1st half,  & for me MOM was D Murphy who was unplayable.

It was like all the best bits of the previous games but sustained over 90 minutes & with 2 chances taken this time. Tremendous.

Fair shout on D Murphy, he looked like a different player last night. Never had him down as the type to be running at defenders but he did it quite confidently a few times and then showed a surprising turn of pace for his goal. 

9 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

because there will be a weekend where we play, and they don't, when they were meant to play Bury

aka a bye

I have to say, I don’t follow this. If we’ve played 3 games fewer, we have 3 games in hand irrespective of the Bury situation. 

44 games this season. We have played 12, so we have 32 left to play. Wimbledon have played 15, so have 29 left to play. We therefore have 3 games in hand.

Look at it another way. We have lost 7 and drawn 4, so dropped 29 points. Tranmere have done the same.. MKD have lost 9 and drawn 1, so they have also dropped 29. Wimbledon have lost 9 and drawn 3, so dropped 33. Southend have lost 11 and drawn 2, so dropped 37.

So without the 12 point penalty, winning our games in hand would lift us clear.

Btw Lincoln have lost 8 and drawn 2, so dropped 28.

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

I have to say, I don’t follow this. If we’ve played 3 games fewer, we have 3 games in hand irrespective of the Bury situation. 

44 games this season. We have played 12, so we have 32 left to play. Wimbledon have played 15, so have 29 left to play. We therefore have 3 games in hand.

now I've sat down with a pen and paper, that makes sense as opposed to the over complicated (wrong) way I was thinking about it

we're currently 17 points behind and with three games in hand can get it down to 8 points

if we both won all our games till the end of the season, they'd be on 99 and we'd be on 91

I was sort of forgetting that every one will miss out on 2 rounds of matches

We've got some geniuses on here 😂

Anyway, what a great day out. Train down, in Bristol for 4pm. Taxi to The Annexe, had a few games of pool, then a swift one in The Golden Lion before scoffing some tea in The Anchor. Fans were great at the match, no moaning cunts. Good performance from the team! Back home on the K&Fs which got back to the stadium in just over 3 hours! 

Bring on Lincoln 👍

1 hour ago, ZicoKelly said:

now I've sat down with a pen and paper, that makes sense as opposed to the over complicated (wrong) way I was thinking about it

we're currently 17 points behind and with three games in hand can get it down to 8 points

if we both won all our games till the end of the season, they'd be on 99 and we'd be on 91

I was sort of forgetting that every one will miss out on 2 rounds of matches

We can't both win all our matches as we have to meet.

4 hours ago, MalcolmW said:

Look at it another way. We have lost 7 and drawn 4, so dropped 29 points. Tranmere have done the same.. MKD have lost 9 and drawn 1, so they have also dropped 29. Wimbledon have lost 9 and drawn 3, so dropped 33. Southend have lost 11 and drawn 2, so dropped 37.

So without the 12 point penalty, winning our games in hand would lift us clear.

Btw Lincoln have lost 8 and drawn 2, so dropped 28.

And that is Lincoln's last 10 games; they won their first 4 and were top. The manager Cowley leaving has had a bad impact on them.