Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Accrington away

radcliffe white

8 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Question to anyone there: was it a mistake not to bring on another centre half immediately after the sending off?

Not necessarily after the penalty as Bridcutt should be experienced enough to fill in, but certainly after the second goal as O’Grady left Emmanuel horribly exposed for the third. 

Definite penalty but the red was harsh given there seemed to be covering defenders. Earl will learn from it - he was a yard too far to the right hand side so was always going to be exposed once his man tried to turn towards goal. 

Might have been a different story had Murphy been a bit sharper in having a pot at goal when he had a clear view of it at 1-0. 

I'm not there but its a huge error, and a lack of confidence in Zouma.  Midfield immediately weakened by taking out the best player and obviously defence weakened by having no height, especially given how many good crosses they are putting in,  

Listening on radio, if ever an afternoon went from "this is going well" to "we've lost" it was when the pen was given followed by sending off.  We were already 2nd best listening to the commentary and it suddenly felt like a defeat in that 1 moment.

Its still been a good month for BWFC though, onwards and upwards.

Just now, Johnnyrotten said:

I'm not there but its a huge error, and a lack of confidence in Zouma.  Midfield immediately weakened by taking out the best player and obviously defence weakened by having no height, especially given how many good crosses they are putting in,  

Listening on radio, if ever an afternoon went from "this is going well" to "we've lost" it was when the pen was given followed by sending off.  We were already 2nd best listening to the commentary and it suddenly felt like a defeat in that 1 moment.

Its still been a good month for BWFC though, onwards and upwards.

He's still a legend, but McGinlay's commentary is not even CLOSE to what's happening on the field.

5 minutes ago, JimmyRiddle said:

I thought fouls in the box were just yellows now, as they still get the goal scoring opportunity by the penalty??
To stop this nonsene, a game ruined a goal anyway and a follow up ban.

I'm certain it had been changed!!

https://www.premierleague.com/news/66192  assuming this still applies, you're right.  Thinking about it I cant remember the last time I saw a red card given for a penalty.  Outrageous decision if the rules werent applied correctly.

14 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

https://www.premierleague.com/news/66192  assuming this still applies, you're right.  Thinking about it I cant remember the last time I saw a red card given for a penalty.  Outrageous decision if the rules werent applied correctly.

It wasnt a fair and reasonable attempt at a tackle he got turned and pulled him down. Still looked soft to me like.