Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

So this thicko I went to school with is saying the hospital is empty because there aren't alot of cars in the visitors carpark. Filming 'empty wards' on her Instagram. Maybe the reason the car park isn't busy is because patients aren't allowed visitors? Jesus Christ. She was thick at school too🙄

When I picked Mrs Swanny up it was like a ghost town in there..very eerie

Suprisingly Covid patients aren't walking around. 

• Site Supporter

9 year old lad is buzzing he doesn't have to go to school. Less so that the online work will be better organised.

15 year old is just wondering what the hell will happen with his grades, some mocks he did better than expected, others not as well as expected. He was hoping to work on those subjects he was weaker to get better results.

Plus he gains so much more from being in school than at home. Prior to Covid he missed 3 months of school so playing catchup on catchup. Ah well, can't be helped.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

So this thicko I went to school with is saying the hospital is empty because there aren't alot of cars in the visitors carpark. Filming 'empty wards' on her Instagram. Maybe the reason the car park isn't busy is because patients aren't allowed visitors? Jesus Christ. She was thick at school too🙄

Can you not just ridicule her completely then unfriend her? (If that is how Instagram works? I haven't got it being an old git)

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

9 year old lad is buzzing he doesn't have to go to school. Less so that the online work will be better organised.

15 year old is just wondering what the hell will happen with his grades, some mocks he did better than expected, others not as well as expected. He was hoping to work on those subjects he was weaker to get better results.

Plus he gains so much more from being in school than at home. Prior to Covid he missed 3 months of school so playing catchup on catchup. Ah well, can't be helped.

People will kick off and exam grades will get boosted, just like last time.

Edited by Horwich

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Traf said:

Jnr isn't happy at all. She struggles with remote learning but generally excels in exam conditions. 

She's now concerned that she's going to get shit marks from her remote learning work, now get the chance to shine on the exams and then not get into the college she wants to go to.

She's mentally frail at the best of time and I'm worried she's now going to turn into a ticking time bomb.

I would expect that her being on the spectrum would be taken into account when assessments are made.

They are supposed to reflect how a child would perform in an exam after all.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

If people can enjoy fairy tales there why not  young children at school?

Some people have religion as a major part of their life. It's more important than some of the other things people thrive off. 

42 minutes ago, Ani said:

Do you think they will relax rules for Valentine’s Day ? My missus bday would hate not to be able to go out for a big meal and spend a load of money on her. 

Hang on Fred, didn't you get divorced from Wife 1 on Valentine's Day ?

Is there something about Valentine's Day and your fair maidens ?

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

I had an attendance record at school of around 50%. I relied on exams to get my good grades. I would’ve been fucked in this scenario. 

Every bugger else's attendance would be lower though- you'd have been reet.

Unless of course you wagged it during the few weeks they're open!

Where were you- down the bunk with a young lady?

1 minute ago, miamiwhite said:

Hang on Fred, didn't you get divorced from Wife 1 on Valentine's Day ?

Is there something about Valentine's Day and your fair maidens ?

Fuck me how can you remember that ?   It was my decree absolute that was the only letter I got through the letter box that day ! 😁😁
Jeez thinking about it that would have tough in current  circumstances. 

9 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Every bugger else's attendance would be lower though- you'd have been reet.

Unless of course you wagged it during the few weeks they're open!

Where were you- down the bunk with a young lady?

Fishing mate 😁 all I did when I was off. Starmount, dingle and farmers. Now and again used to fish Whiteheads but needed bus to get there.
Canal in winter for pike. 

shagging was weekends and nights 

Edited by Escobarp

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Elite sports continue, that's Wanderers fucked, nothing elite about us at the moment.

Exams are indeed cancelled.

Although the current January exams will go ahead, so that's me still in work for a couple of weeks.

Quick question as obviously haven’t heard from the school yet, but, my lad in yr 13 was due to sit a sports exam this Weds, even though the general start back wasn’t until the week after , those sitting this exam were told come in tomorrow for prep and sit in on Weds as per schedule ( prior to this latest announcement tonight) 
now this has obviously caused confusion in the house as to whether this will still be the case .

I am going to contact school in the morn but just wondering your thoughts on whether this will still happen ? 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I would assume Students taking exams in this January window will be going into College/School as normal, we sent emails to the parent of lower and upper 6th today, there will be an update tomorrow due to this evenings announcement, but we are carrying on as normal for those taking exams....

However, I have heard tonight that some centres are pulling their January exams, some Heads/Principals are making that decision for their centres, you should receive confirmation early tomorrow with regards to how they are going ahead, if Kids have studied towards them, they may as well take them... imo.

Cheers mate. 
Will see in the morning