Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Covid 19 - Just out of interest

Burndens Bogs

I would say 10-15 who have had it, but that includes people like a mates dad who I have met once. So more a case of someone I ‘know of’ rather than know. He actually died, the only I know. 

Edited by Ani

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Ani said:

I would say 10-15 who have had it, but that includes people like a mates dad who I have met once. So more a case of someone I ‘know of’ rather than know. He actually died, the only I know. 

Aye, i think i know two personally

But hearing of a lot more through friends and family

And that's all in this 2nd wave

Before that, just sweep on here

Definitely feels like it's closing in though

Guest Nordkurve

Around ten people I work with had it first time round. Most with only minor symptoms, but a couple ended up in hospital. They are all back at work now, only one of them still has some side effects (short of breath sometimes and he is only around 30 and normal weight etc). Interesting comment from Lt. Aldo Raine about problems with legs. Would love to know what exactly the problem is with that as my legs have felt weak ever since I was really ill with "Man Flu" around New Year.

8 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Well I’ve got it now 

had a swab on Sat morning for a hospital procedure that was due tomo...

Got home started to feel like shit. Positive test confirmed this morning sadly.

Good luck. Vitamin D. Delegate your work out. Chill.

• Site Supporter

Know 1 who died 

another in hospital quite bad but expect to get through as only 40 and otherwise fit 
few in the kids school 

just this morning notified that 2 people in my works tested positive after symptoms  so everyone who’s been in contact with them in the last week to self isolate and get tests if symptoms develop , so could be adding to the tally by the end of the week 

44 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Bugger.

What symptoms do you have Jules?

Ok, so first of all I was tested pre a planned hospital procedure, not because I had symptoms, and I’ve only really felt them since. 

Looking back I did feel a bit sluggish and achey last week but from Saturday I’ve been headachey, and had reallly painful limbs - aches but also shooting pains in hips / knees / shoulder - oddly places I’ve had sporting injuries 🤷🏽‍♂️

Over Sat and Sun I had no energy and kept falling asleep.

Not had a temperature at all, still got taste for now and only for a throat tickle and cough a bit last night when I lie flat. Chest does feel tight though.

Paracetamol definitely helps...almost to the minute, one hour after I take it I feel ok for an hour or 2, and then it’s back to shitty again.

I’ve felt v shit compared to normal but am clearly lucky if it gets no worse

58 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Ok, so first of all I was tested pre a planned hospital procedure, not because I had symptoms, and I’ve only really felt them since. 

Looking back I did feel a bit sluggish and achey last week but from Saturday I’ve been headachey, and had reallly painful limbs - aches but also shooting pains in hips / knees / shoulder - oddly places I’ve had sporting injuries 🤷🏽‍♂️

Over Sat and Sun I had no energy and kept falling asleep.

Not had a temperature at all, still got taste for now and only for a throat tickle and cough a bit last night when I lie flat. Chest does feel tight though.

Paracetamol definitely helps...almost to the minute, one hour after I take it I feel ok for an hour or 2, and then it’s back to shitty again.

I’ve felt v shit compared to normal but am clearly lucky if it gets no worse

Given the timings, I think it’s quite obvious that when they were giving you a ‘test’, they were in fact giving you a dose of the rona. Fact. 

• Site Supporter

All the best in dealing with it Jules, hope you're back on your feet in no time so to speak.

I probably know maybe 8 - 10 people pretty well who have had it, 3 of whom are currently suffering with it and that's not including Jules. They range from 'had worse hangovers' to being floored but not poorly enough to be hospitalised.

My mate in Sunderland lost his dad to it around 10 days but he was suffering with dementia and on his last legs anyway, this just speeded up the process. Don't know any others who have slipped off the dish

Just now, jules_darby said:

Dropped asleep for an hour. Woke up and sense of smell gone. V weird

Any of the family showing any symptoms? Can they now get tested as a matter of course? 

hope you feel better soon and back to your cantankerous self in short order mate 😁

Fairly confident I had it back in March when it was rife in London.

My symptoms were; shortness of breathe, fatigue/exhaustion, persistent cough. My partner had less severe symptoms but she also lost taste and smell. It took around two weeks to start feeling better and it came in waves, one minute I thought I was on the mend the next day I was twice as bad.

@jules_darby - your symptoms sound fairly similar to mine, albeit I didn't have a test to confirm it. I'd just suggest getting as much water and rest as possible. All the best!