Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bratfud Away

Steejay

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

You clearly don't. Calling a fellow fan a "prick" because he thinks our highest scoring player for 20 years is doing ok? Give your head a wobble.

You started it u clown? calling me a mad man for having an opinion on Doyle not playing well. And if you really believe he has been on top form you know nothing about football

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

FGR v morecambe Tuesday

yes you could be right 76 

Tranmere away on Tuesday and lost today

Crawley who did them home to Salford 

Newport v Bradford 

Mansfield host Cheltenham. 

All have potential to work in our favour.

Just keep winning.

A very good performance, away to a form team, we failed to make the most of our dominance & were sucker-punched at the end.

The only fault here is because we had SUCH a poor first half of the season we have very little latitude if we want the Auto places.

Edited by Dr. Feelgood

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

You started it u clown? calling me a mad man for having an opinion on Doyle not playing well. And if you really believe he has been on top form you know nothing about football

Whatever mate.

I think one of the issues with Miller is that none of us are quite sure what he's about yet, he's never started a game, possibly never played more than 20 minutes?  When he's come on its generally been at the frantic stage of the match where we're either defending a lead or looking for a winner.  So its difficult to know if he's any good at build up play etc.  FWIW I get the impression he's decent, he seems to have a bit of a football brain and he did score a cracking goal in September before his injury.  I'd be interested to see him play a full half.

• Site Supporter
44 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Enjoyed it. Made the mistake of watching it with the nipper. She loved it. And she heard me use a naughty word at 93 minutes so she's already planning the next one

Good lad 😁. A new Wanderer in the making. If she’s going to hear naughty words anywhere, after conceding a 93rd minute goal, to hear it from her dad is as good a place as any. Hope you’ll be getting geared up for Tuesday now 😉

10 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

There shouldn't be an inquest into todays game, I think that's 10 unbeaten including 7 wins, 10 games ago i would have snatched your hands off.

Unbeaten run continues and on to Tuesday, plenty to play for, gotta be more clinical to match our dominance, 1 goal isn't always going to be enough.

76 + points maybe enough this season, this league is condensed and every fucker in the top 8 all have to play each other.

8 or 9 wins out of 13 maybe enough.

Thats a good summary and prediction as to where we are at after today. I’m just about shaking off the disappointment of not winning (I’ve just deleted defeat!! I suppose that’s what it feels like after a 93rd minute equaliser!)  and looking forward to Tuesday already.

4 minutes ago, captainmed said:

Yes we’re off again when lockdown ends & outside bars open.

Doing the last 4.

Might join you at Morecambe and Crawley if we are in the mix; would expect a big turn out at the last game if we can go up

Edited by RUREADY2ROLL

1 minute ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Might join you at Morecombe and Crawley if we are in the mix; would expect a big turn out at the last game if we can go up

Be a few at Crawley if we can get promotion 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, captainmed said:

Yes we’re off again when lockdown ends & outside bars open.

Doing the last 4.

I won't be doing Crawley, even if we can win promotion, would rather be at Scotts/Harvester.

Grimsby and Morecambe are getting me twitching though

26 minutes ago, only1stig said:

E I E I E I O

Up the football here we go

When we win promotion

This is what we’ll sing

We are Bolton, we are Bolton

We are the football kings

Born to be a Wanderer ....

It should be “up the football league we go” jsl. How long have you been singing it wrong? 😀

9 minutes ago, desperado said:

Good lad 😁. A new Wanderer in the making. If she’s going to hear naughty words anywhere, after conceding a 93rd minute goal, to hear it from her dad is as good a place as any. Hope you’ll be getting geared up for Tuesday now 😉

Thats a good summary and prediction as to where we are at after today. I’m just about shaking off the disappointment of not winning (I’ve just deleted defeat!! I suppose that’s what it feels like after a 93rd minute equaliser!)  and looking forward to Tuesday already.

I had to take her to a midweek game a few years back when her mam was working away. Was freezing, she was bored shitless and wasn't impressed when I got her to save the seats in Barnstormers when I was at the bar. Thought that had put her of for life

• Members
5 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

I had to take her to a midweek game a few years back when her mam was working away. Was freezing, she was bored shitless and wasn't impressed when I got her to save the seats in Barnstormers when I was at the bar. Thought that had put her of for life

So she was bored at the match and you thought I know I’ll cheer her up by taking her into Barnstormers 😂

Couldn't face reading every page so just clicked on a few and wished I hadn't.

Surely today marked us out as proper automatic contenders; the fight, the togetherness, the intent were all there and we easily matched the other form team of the minute in our league.

Others at our house disagreed vehemently with me but I thought Isgrove was had a good game - here, there, and everywhere, hungry and looking to create.

Reading some of the posts you'd think we'd moved into the bottom 3 and were a third of a season away from park football.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Couldn't face reading every page so just clicked on a few and wished I hadn't.

Surely today marked us out as proper automatic contenders; the fight, the togetherness, the intent were all there and we easily matched the other form team of the minute in our league.

Others at our house disagreed vehemently with me but I thought Isgrove was had a good game - here, there, and everywhere, hungry and looking to create.

Reading some of the posts you'd think we'd moved into the bottom 3 and were a third of a season away from park football.

Agree with the vast majority, we played some cracking stuff at times. Like a L1 team getting pegged back for a replay in a cup tie at the death.

I just can't take to Isgrove though. Works hard but not much seems to come off for him going forward.

Maybe I expect too much, it is L2 afterall.

Gutted, it feels like we lost, made worse by most of the other results going against us.....

but, lots of positives, the best we've played all season & didn't drop off in the 2nd half, just missing that final ball & when it all clicks we're going to paste someone.......we're a class above Bratfud who are supposed to be one of the better teams.......& everybody contributed.

No bad performances, Santos majestic again, as was Baptiste, & Isgrove had his best game for us so far.

A temporary setback.