Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Colchester (H)

farnworth white

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, RatchetMan said:

I’m not opposed to the mans opinion. It’s the way that he projected it 

Which is pretty much what you got pissed off about on Saturday following the FGR game and you voicing an opinion which didn’t seem to appreciate the current run of unbeaten games.

• Members
13 minutes ago, Alf Hartigan said:

Max Cherry might be a flatdick

It’s not what you said it’s how you said it

WOMAN deffo

Anyways, I said it earlier get this game won early then you can rest players not before 

Edited by Rudy

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, blackleywhite said:

Chaps.  He's a dick. Stop interacting with him and he'll go away.

Not really the way it works, I'm lonely living by myself and haven't seen my family for over a year, the only joy I get is speaking to folk on here

1 minute ago, Whitesince63 said:

Ratchet Man, please stop having an opinion, anybody would think that’s what this board was about!!

It’s unbelievable how cliquey this forum already appears. I joined to engage in intelligent conversation regarding the club I love. 

it hasn’t taken long for people to insult me and gang up like a bunch of school girls. Very odd.. anyway, hopefully another win for us Friday 👍

• Site Supporter
Just now, RatchetMan said:

It’s unbelievable how cliquey this forum already appears. I joined to engage in intelligent conversation regarding the club I love. 

it hasn’t taken long for people to insult me and gang up like a bunch of school girls. Very odd.. anyway, hopefully another win for us Friday 👍

I'm not joining in with anyone pal, just being silly.

FWIW you and Whitesince have valid opinions and you should persevere.

I'd keep off Behind The Stands though 

• Members
13 minutes ago, RatchetMan said:

Well entitled to your opinions mate it’s like a chat in a pub and it’s not that serious, what you have to remember is that some of the longer posters on here know each other outside the internet, we all love Wanderers 

2 hours ago, RatchetMan said:

Pop over to behind the stands, offer an answer to the question of HBAHT? regarding your Mrs and then disclose an opinion on the forum little fella's love of watersports and you stand a chance of getting your head round um. 

I started chipping in at the start of the first lockdown, I'm still scared of um but they're a good bunch. 😁

• Moderators
9 hours ago, RatchetMan said:

You've come to the wrong place

7 hours ago, boogs said:

I started chipping in at the start of the first lockdown, I'm still scared of um but they're a good bunch. 😁

I'm in my first season too, still feeling my way, I know I can say controversial things sometimes but everyone has been pretty tolerant. I've said some things that I have later regretted or might not have come out the way I intended and I have been called out but I have been able to reflect. I have also experienced the opposite where my opinion has been warmly accepted.

Any new member like myself has to remember that there are old relationships on here and in a way you are almost intruding on existing conversations. I wouldn't go as far as to use the word cliquey unless a clique includes standing friendships.

It took me months to build up the courage to put up a topic in case I got ignored and the buggers still frit me 😉

My advice... try to use ears and mouth in their 2-1 proportion, don't let people get under your skin and smile

• Site Supporter

Of course the forum's cliquey. Many posters have been here a while, and whilst longevity doesn't give us any extra posting rights, it does mean we've seen posters come and go.

We've also seen posters be entertaining and knowledgeable and posters be trouble makers and argumentative dick heads.

Up to now you've got to convince folk to pigeonhole you the way you want to appear. 

40 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Of course the forum's cliquey. Many posters have been here a while, and whilst longevity doesn't give us any extra posting rights, it does mean we've seen posters come and go.

We've also seen posters be entertaining and knowledgeable and posters be trouble makers and argumentative dick heads.

Up to now you've got to convince folk to pigeonhole you the way you want to appear. 

Do they know a Huddersfield season ticket holder? Or that you sometimes have a better understanding of the game if you watch it on tv because you have a macro view?

11 hours ago, RatchetMan said:

Obviously it'll be a bit cliquey due to posters on here having known one another for such a long time.

... but this has nowt to do with the amount of folk arguing with you. That's down to you putting an opinion out there that the vast majority think is a daft one. That's what forums are all about.

So stop being a fanny and crack on. 

And, yes, hopefully another win tomorrow ... and hopefully by more than one goal too :)

39 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Obviously it'll be a bit cliquey due to posters on here having known one another for such a long time.

... but this has nowt to do with the amount of folk arguing with you. That's down to you putting an opinion out there that the vast majority think is a daft one. That's what forums are all about.

So stop being a fanny and crack on. 

Agreed. I'm quite new here but haven't been roundly picked on or ignored ..... & I can be a right cunt.

12 hours ago, RatchetMan said:

You need to work on the 'intelligent'. So far you have posted opinions that people have disagreed with and then you have sulked. 

Out of interest how old are you ? I am mid 50s and not trying to groom you.